Changing tips in a middle of a program manually..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing tips in a middle of a program manually..

Good afternoon,
    I am writing a program with a manual tip change. I start out with a 4x50mm tip and switch to a 2x20mm tip for checking small holes.

I inserted a new probe tip in the program and ran it through the graphic screen and the program runs fine.

But when I run the program on the machine the part where I change tips manually I get alarms and can not continue because PCDMIS thinks I caused an unexpected hit. Is there a way to run a program with a manual tip change for people that do not have the automatic tip changer?

I have a PH10M head with a TP200 probe and have all the tips on seperate magnetic attachments.

Thanks.
    Starrett 4040-24
    Renishaw PH10M head
    Renishaw TP200
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 4.2!!! crashed my probe into the table
    Moving on to 4.2mr1

I do this all the time. 1st you must calibrate both tips w/out moving the sphere. The 2nd thing I do is have a LOADPROBE/(Tip name) and the machine will stop and ask you to change the tip. Works for me.
    Dale
    v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

But does your machine give you an alarm " unexpected hit" and then I have to hit the skip button for the machine to continue on. Is this normal? The continue button will not work unless I hit the skip button finally and then the machine continued on with the rest of the program.
      Starrett 4040-24
      Renishaw PH10M head
      Renishaw TP200
      Moving on to 4.2mr1

Comment

I too have a Starrett DCC machine....but alas, not getting the same error you are when just changing probe modules.

Are you turning "off" your joystick when making the switch....that will make a differance. I am assuming that you have the double joystick box like I have. There is an ON/OFF button...turn it off when changing your modules. Also get in the habit of hitting the reset button down below on the "main" control / power box...on the front panel of the PI200

please let us know what you find out...

bob
        Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
        sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
        Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by eg92b16a2 View Post
          But does your machine give you an alarm " unexpected hit" and then I have to hit the skip button for the machine to continue on. Is this normal? The continue button will not work unless I hit the skip button finally and then the machine continued on with the rest of the program.
          Maybe you stop the machine before the probe change message appears on the screen?
          Make sure that the new LOADPROBE (name) is in the program.
          sigpicIt's corona time!
          737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

Is the machine asking you to change the probe tip? Or have you entered a opperator comment that is asking you to do this?

Comment

No, my machine does not do this. I thought about this on my way home, you may need to re-teach that point or feature for some reason. If you changed any of your alignments or moved any of your features around while you where programming and then added the new tip in sometimes it gets funny.

Are you turning "off" your joystick when making the switch....that will make a differance. I am assuming that you have the double joystick box like I have. There is an ON/OFF button...turn it off when changing your modules. Also get in the habit of hitting the reset button down below on the "main" control / power box...on the front panel of the PI200
              BOB, I have seen posts on this before. I have a Global Image 9-12-8 and I don't have to disable my probe. I just add the LOADPROBE command in my program and it will stop and ask for the probe to be changed. I do add a comment before it so I can add more detail for my brain.

I do exactly what Roberto and Tested are talking about. The LOADPROBE must be in your program.
              Dale
              v2011 MR1 CAD ++

Comment

Thanks Bob I guess on a Starrett you must turn the joystick off and change the probe tip.

In training I was using a Browne & Sharpe so that was why I was confused when my machine would alarm out, but did not when I was in training.
                Starrett 4040-24
                Renishaw PH10M head
                Renishaw TP200
                Moving on to 4.2mr1

Comment

You are finding out that Starrett CMMs are a very different breed of CMM....
                  PCDmis runs just fine, but there are quirks that are Starrett specific, and as such there is a limited amount of knowledge on this forum (no disrespect to you guys out there) pertaining to Starretts.

good luck to you, and if you have more questions, please post em

bob
                  Which one gets ridden today? MPH vs MPG..tough choice, both are FUN
                  sigpic

Starrett RGDC 4028-24 :alien:
                  Demon vintages 3.7, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 2009

Comment