PDF Printing in 4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF Printing in 4.1

Hi has anyone had any problems storing reports in PDF format in 4.1??
    Just noticed i get a blank page when printing to PDF... not very usefull

Any ideas? setting to change somewhere??

Thanks in advance

Do you print using the PC-DMIS PRINT statement in the program or do you auto print by going through the File menu?

I have had blank files before using the PRINT statement. One of those things. Move it and you may get data. And by the way: if you use the August 3rd version of V4.1, your auto print does NOT work anyway. In that case you need to load a later version.

Jan.
    PC-DMIS/NC 2010MR3; 15 December 2010; running on 18 machine tools.
    Romer Infinite; PC-DMIS 2010 MR3; 15 December 2010.

Comment

Yeah im ustng File > Printing > Report window Print Setup > and ticking the PDF box... nothing happens

What is the print statment? i could try that to see if it works..

Im loving 4.1 <sarcasm off>

Comment

Originally posted by Reluser View Post
        Yeah im ustng File > Printing > Report window Print Setup > and ticking the PDF box... nothing happens
        Are you not producing a file at all, or are you producing a file, but it is empty?

Check your version of V4.1 (look under Help>PC-DMIS for Windows. Then look in the middle and check what the date is on pcdlrn.ese. If it is August 3rd 2006, you will not produce a file AT ALL. It was just that version of the software (accidentally of course, the released version) that was defective. It works in ANY later version. I loaded several newer versions and they did not have problems with printing. Just the August 3rd version does....

Jan.

Comment

Aug 25 2006.

All i get is a blank file it does produce the PDF.

Now i tested it with a standard report layout and it created the PDF tryed it with our modified report layout and it does not produce the report im just wondering if it is something i have done wrong in setting up the report?

Comment

Originally posted by Reluser View Post
            Aug 25 2006.

All i get is a blank file it does produce the PDF.

Now i tested it with a standard report layout and it created the PDF tryed it with our modified report layout and it does not produce the report im just wondering if it is something i have done wrong in setting up the report?
            Ah, that's another issue. In V4.1, I also found many problems with report lay-outs that are NOT the standard. The moment I make modifications, I loose many output boxes. I never had it completely empty though..

It was acknowledged to me by Hexagon that there are many problems in reporting that cause certain report features to totally misbehave. I was told to wait for V4.2, before doing any extensive report customization. Several of my problems are now confirmed to work properly in V4.2 (the app engineers at Hexagon tried it). But 4.1 is problematic.

I am currently using only the standard Report Templates and anxiously waiting for V4.2 to come around...

Jan.

Comment

Thats great thanks for your help.

4.2 is due to be released next month i belive there is a seminar coming up for it too..

they might get a few questions that day.

Comment