Target Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Target Points

Something strange is happening.When I create an offline program,and run it off line,everything looks great.When I close the file and reopen it,I noticed that the theoretical values have changed in the vectors i,j,k only.The x,y,z values remain the same.The points used in the alignment(an "iteratve" then a "manual" alignment) are good,meaning the theoreticals,actuals,target points all match.But in the points after the alignment,the theoreticals have changed.The x,y,z, are the same but the vectors i,j,k have changed which causes the hits to be off.This is all happens when i close and reopen the program.

Originally posted by cmmcaliguy View Post
    Something strange is happening.When I create an offline program,and run it off line,everything looks great.When I close the file and reopen it,I noticed that the theoretical values have changed in the vectors i,j,k only.The x,y,z values remain the same.The points used in the alignment(an "iteratve" then a "manual" alignment) are good,meaning the theoreticals,actuals,target points all match.But in the points after the alignment,the theoreticals have changed.The x,y,z, are the same but the vectors i,j,k have changed which causes the hits to be off.This is all happens when i close and reopen the program.

That's odd. Can I ask why you have an iterative followed by a manual alignment?
    If iterative works fine, should follow up with DCC.
    sigpicIt's corona time!
    737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

I follow up with a manual alignment because the model is in the aircraft coordinate system amd I want to use the Datums to bring it in the local coordinate system.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmcaliguy View Post
        I follow up with a manual alignment because the model is in the aircraft coordinate system amd I want to use the Datums to bring it in the local coordinate system.
        I see...I would try this:

Firts make a copy so you don't loose your original program.
        Leave the iterative alignment and delete the manual. Then go on DCC mode and pick up you second alignment (we still on aircraft position). Transfer or offset your XYZ to be local on the part.
        Hopefully, the IJK's won't change this time.
        sigpicIt's corona time!
        737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

Roberto thanks for the help.It ending up being a settings change.Some guy that was on his way out changed some of the settings in pcdmis.IT dept is now looking into a way to make it so not all personell have access to the settings.

Comment

Our 4.1 machine does it in every program. Planes and lines get their primary vector reversed...doesn't run very well if you forget about it.

I don't touch that machine at all, so I haven't worried about it enough to find out why.

Tom

Comment