Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no z-axis dimensions

Hoping for a little help with this.

I am getting good hit data with my DEA Gamma, PH10M, and PC-DMIS v3.2, but when I try to dimension parallel to the z-axis, the dimension always comes out 0. Checking the data reveals the points are clearly not at the same z value. I got z-dimensions once, but found that I had lost x! so I changed the alignment back. Any ideas?

Do you have it set to project into current work plane? Not sure where the setting is, but there is one someplace and that is what it would do to you.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Are you doing distance dimension by any chance? You may need to adjust your workplane if so.
      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Thanks

That seems to work thanks. Is there any reason other than the need for clearplanes that PC-DMIS won't do all 3 dimensions without switching workplanes? Seems unnecessary to me.

Comment

Originally posted by cmm er View Post
          That seems to work thanks. Is there any reason other than the need for clearplanes that PC-DMIS won't do all 3 dimensions without switching workplanes? Seems unnecessary to me.
          Pcdmis does all 3 axis without any problems at all. Check in the list of the F5 setup and make sure that MOVE FEATURE TO REFERENCE PLANE is not marked. If it IS marked, then the axis that matches your workplane will ALWAYS be zero. Distances, however, ARE dependant on HOW YOU LOOK AT THE PART. IF you look at it from the 'right', then to get distances that match that point of view, then you need to use that point of view, ie workplane. for XYZ values, just make sure that MOVE....PLANE is unmarked and you will get the XYZ values of the touch, no matter what workplane (view) you are using.
          sigpic
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I think he is doing dimension distance. Not dimension location. He is probably saying "all 3 dimensions" because of the radio button option for axis selection in regards to paralell or perpendicular.

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
              I think he is doing dimension distance. Not dimension location. He is probably saying "all 3 dimensions" because of the radio button option for axis selection in regards to paralell or perpendicular.
              Ah, yat another good reason for posting code or pictures of the issue as that everyone can be on the same page.
              sigpic

Comment

Code would have solved it lickety split. He'll catch on to that one. Could have been worse, justincredible could have lambasted him for not being born with PCDMIS experience. Where has that guy been lately?

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                  Code would have solved it lickety split. He'll catch on to that one. Could have been worse, justincredible could have lambasted him for not being born with PCDMIS experience. Where has that guy been lately?
                  We can only hope that he got a Booger-boy-type eviction from the board.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
                    We can only hope that he got a Booger-boy-type eviction from the board.
                    But they let Booger boy come back (that is good). I think it is more like the Winston-type self-banishment that took place right after this board started.
                    When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                    sigpic

Comment