Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dance moves - auto circle avoidance moves

Greetings,

I seem to have a problem when using the auto measure circle. I wrote this program in the 2016 version a couple of months ago, I am currently running 2017 R2. I ran it on Tuesday with no issues but then I ran it yesterday and the dance move showed up. I have the avoidance move set to "both". It goes to the center of the part and then instead of going to above where the first measurement is it goes somewhere else, still above the part but then tries to go thru the part to where the first measurement starts. When the measurement is done, it does the avoidance move correctly. I have included pictures and the code (attached). Hope everyone can open it. You can see in pic #1, that the first avoidance move is not showing up like the last avoidance move. Then in pic #2, I reran the program and the dance move went to a different spot. I have not created a ticket yet as I was checking with the community first to see if I was doing something stupid. TIA.

Scott
    Attached Files

Have you tried recreating the feature? Or closing PC-DMIS and re-opening?
    "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

• SRE38
      SRE38 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes and yes. Same result.

Check the "Angle"? The feature is in the Z-plane, which means that the angle (first hit) should either be in X or Y, not in Z. Try setting a "1" in either "I" or "J" and try again, make sure your CMM speed is low though.
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o18 R1 SP3

Comment

• vpt.se
      vpt.se commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, now you know what the angle setting means and you can adjust your programs accordingly. You can consider yourself lucky that nothing more "expensive" has happened. As of the fact that it is bugging you - well, welcome to PC-DMIS (there's plenty more of stuff that will bug you)!

• tking
      tking commented
      Editing a comment
      The demon usually warns you when the feature vector and the angle vector are the same axis, did it? That's all I could see wrong and it would mess up the avoidance routine.

• SRE38
      SRE38 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, it did not warn me.

1) close PC DMIS and re-open it. see if behavior continues. if it does..

2) close pc dmis. re-open it. re-create the feature. see if behavior continues. if it does.... you may have a corrupter program..in which case i'd recommend you..

3) shell your program. open a brand new program, copy & paste everything from your old program into your new program's edit window and then see if that fixes it. if not...

4) you may have to go apply at walmart (my interview is later on this week =P)

Comment

Create a new feature. Replace the old one. As vinni suggested.
      Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 01-12-2018, 11:42 AM.
      (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
      They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

As vpt.se suggested
        Zajeta slika.JPG
        Attached Files

Comment

• SRE38
          SRE38 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hm. My "angle" does not have three spots to input a number in, just one.

• VinniUSMC
          VinniUSMC commented
          Editing a comment
          I was confused by that at first too. That's just sam showing 3 of the different possible square angle vectors, and noting that one of them is not correct for the given surface vector.

or you could simply use move/increment or clearplane.
        I'm a big fan of git-er done, KISS methodology

Comment

• SRE38
          SRE38 commented
          Editing a comment
          "He/she"? My name is Scott, its right there at the end of my post...

• VinniUSMC
          VinniUSMC commented
          Editing a comment
          We're not allowed to assume gender anymore. It might lead to a trip to re-education/HR.

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          Scott could be short for Scottalina.

Here is a screenshot of what I just tried. I wrote a new little program and left the 1 in the K spot. The first and second moves are correct.
        Attached Files

Comment

• VinniUSMC
          VinniUSMC commented
          Editing a comment
          As vpt.se wrote earlier, even though it appears to be showing ok, the angle (the second set of vectors) should always be perpendicular to the surface vector. So, if you are (0,0,1), then your angle vector should be (1,0,0) or (0,1,0). No matter what is showing, that is the correct method. Doing a not correct method, can lead to funky action.

The second vector tells the software where the start/end angles should be. Having the same numbers in there as your surface vector is telling PC-DMIS that the start angle should somehow be along the surface vector instead of left/right, or up/down.
          Last edited by VinniUSMC; 01-15-2018, 09:47 AM.
      Working...
      X