When is a profile scan not a profile scan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is a profile scan not a profile scan?

I have a part here with a pocket in it, on my drawing there is the symbol for profile tolerance, you know the one it’s the half circle.
    This symbol also has the all round symbol attached to it & a toll of 0.2mm.

I thought of doing a profile scan & using the dimension function profile with the appropriate tolerance assigned, 0.2mm in this case.

I set out with this intent & all is fine up to dimensioning?

It would seem that the function of profile outputs the min/ max value of the scan and dose not include all-round or incremental deviation, i.e. if half your profile is 10mm bellow the centre line & the other 10mm above then the output value would be 20mm?

Anyone tell me how you would use a scan to check the deviation of a profile from nominal, i.e. the deviation of each point, while using the dimension symbol profile?

I have used vector points & used sheet metal toll of +/- 0.1mm when outputting the location of the points. Which works but I have 10 pages that I would need to print out. NOT ACCEPTABLE…..

Use form and location when doing the profile dimension, and +/- 1/2 of the total profile tolerance. You can have it show the min and max VALUES of the scan, but nothing more, that is in F10 DIMENSION. As for the individual points, the only way is to do it as vector points. This is the biggest reason for NOT using the PROFILE tolerance, it can only give you values for the entire scan, not the individual points.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Ok,
      I converted all my vector points to a scan using
      Insert => feature => cinstructed => set
      & called it scan1

I have now used the dimension tool, profile surface dimension & set it to form & location with +/- 0.1 as follows

FCFPROF1 = SURFACE PROFILE OF SCN1
      FEATCTRLFRAME/SHOWPARAMS=YES,SHOWEXPANDED=YES
      CADGRAPH=OFF REPORTGRAPH=OFF TEXT=OFF MULT=10.00 OUTPUT=BOTH UNITS=MM
      COMPOSITE=NO,
      PRIMARY DIMENSION/PROFILE OF SURFACE,.1,A,<dat>,<dat>
      NOTE/FCFPROF1
      FEATURES/SCN1,,
      is this correct as the output shows no seviation when i run it

Comment

Cool Thats done the trick.
        Output form & location of all vector point then the profile dim 7 the results match.
        Nice work, thanks for the support!!!!

Comment

If you want to see deviation of individual hits within a scan you can dimension the profile of the scan as described above and then turn textual analysis on in the dimension. The results should show up on your report.

Eric

Comment