Chamfer True Position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chamfer True Position

How do I program a chamfer and report it's True Position and Diameter?

I have a .300 thru hole (Datum -A-) and it has a large chamfer on top. The Chamfer diameter at the extreme top is .650. This chamfer needs to be True Posistion to the .300 thru hole though I've never had this sort of callout and am lost in translation.

I took a series of 4 lines on each quadrant of the chamfer, pierced these lines as points to the top plane then created a circle. This did not work well.

I've never done a cone. Is a cone the proper method?

Thanks in advance.

3.7 MR2
    Your life is happening, Participate!

That's pretty much what I would do, measure a cone, measure a plane on the surface around the cone, intersect them to make a circle, then TP that circle.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
      How do I program a chamfer and report it's True Position and Diameter?

I have a .300 thru hole (Datum -A-) and it has a large chamfer on top. The Chamfer diameter at the extreme top is .650. This chamfer needs to be True Posistion to the .300 thru hole though I've never had this sort of callout and am lost in translation.

I took a series of 4 lines on each quadrant of the chamfer, pierced these lines as points to the top plane then created a circle. This did not work well.

I've never done a cone. Is a cone the proper method?

Thanks in advance.

3.7 MR2
      Is this a sheet metal part?
      What I would do is measure the 0.650 dia. hole with sample hits for true position. And measure the 0.300 thru with pin gage.
      sigpicIt's corona time!
      737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

what matt said
        sigpic
        Southern Man don't need him around anyhow!

Comment

Measure a cone by taking hits at 3 levels, similar to a cylinder.
          And then What Matt Said.
          When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
          sigpic

Comment