Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am trying to run PCDmis 3.7 in offline mode on my home PC. I have brought the portlock home with me off one of our machines and installed 3.7mr3. I can't get it to run. Here are a couple messages I'm getting......Any ideas?
    Last edited by jkb_mcg; 08-16-2007, 04:42 PM.
    ~Josh~ Giles Rescue "Ut ceteri vivant"

I Tried to read the errors but the pics were to small. Did you run the portlock program? It Should be P portlock#_V#.pwd. This is a file B&S sends with the SMA you install and then change to an EXE extension and run.
    Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

I just realized that you took the portlock off of a machine. I think it will only run if it is attached to the Machine or is a OFF line seat. I have an off line seat that I take home

Comment

I resized them

Comment

well that's no good! What if I copies all the necessary files and brought them home too??

Comment

Sorry have not seen either message. I have had problems with updates that required me to copy and paste a dozen or so files from the old program into the new one.
            Is this the first time you have tried to do this?

Comment

Copying the files won't help there is a way for the program to see the machine motherboard and recognize it. Others have complained about this. Try doing a search on offline and I think you will find more info

Comment

Sorry I couldn't be more help. The clock says I am abouot to turn into a pumpkin I need to get

Comment

Unless you have an OFFLINE portlock, you MUST be attached to a working, running machine to use either ONLINE of OFFLINE (which without the offline purchace is really only a background editor, not an offline seat).
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by AndersI
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I have an offline portlock hasp key which I share successfully between two computers. One is the desktop I use at work, the other is a notebook I use when traveling to other worksites. In both cases when installing PCDMIS, I inserted the same offline portlock when instructed to do so during the installation. Before starting PCDMIS on either computer I make sure the key in plugged in and light on. I'm using 3.7 MR3 on both with none of the problems you have.

After installing the software with the key inplace did you start PCDMIS after the installation to finish the registery entries?
                    Also on your home computer are you using the "administrator account" or an account with administrator privileges?
                    You need admin privs in order to enable the PCDMIS installation process to update the registry.

Comment

I think my questions have been answered. I obviously need to by an offline seat. Thanks for the replies.

Comment