Merging Programs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Merging Programs

    I have two programs that run the same part at different times. The first thing I do is put the part on the table to run both programs. The part is in the same location for both programs. I don't move the part. I pull up the program to run the first operation and run it. It prints me out a report.
    I then close that program, and open the next program for the second operation. I have not touched the part during this. It runs and prints me out a report.
    What I would like to do is Merge the two programs so it will run both times without having to close one program and open another.
    I am having a hard time trying to make this work. I have seperate DCC alignments for the two programs.
    I have tried to cut and paste the programs together, but that doesn't work to good. Some of my points are off by doing this.
    Any help would be great since I know someone has done this.
    Thanks

    3.5MR2
    B. Jacobs
    B&S Global 12.15.10
    2014.1

  • #2
    Why not incorporate the two programs into one, and then create and run "marked sets"?

    This way you could run one, or the other or both, as you require them.
    I run and use marked sets all the time.

    Regards,
    ZydecoPete
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Right now I am willing to try anything. How would I go about this?
      B. Jacobs
      B&S Global 12.15.10
      2014.1

      Comment


      • #4
        You may be able to save the first programs alignment external and make a sub program to call from the first
        sigpic
        if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

        Comment


        • #5
          You don't mention how long or complicated these programs are. While I am certain that what you are trying to accomplish can be done, have you considered just writing the stuff from one program onto the end of the other. It might be quicker and simpler.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
            You don't mention how long or complicated these programs are. While I am certain that what you are trying to accomplish can be done, have you considered just writing the stuff from one program onto the end of the other. It might be quicker and simpler.

            I have tried to copy and paste it. It isn't that they are real long or complicated, it is just that I didn't want to have to write a new program with all the points. I have a CAD model that I am using and have to pick the dim points. There are about 60 of them.
            I am still working on trying to merge the two programs. I don't really know what I am doing but I am trying.
            I have tried what some of ya'll havesuggested but to no avail.
            Keep the thoughts coming. If ya'll come up with some, don't be affraid to explane how to do it. I haven't had to worry about stuff like this yet so my knowledge is a little limited.
            B. Jacobs
            B&S Global 12.15.10
            2014.1

            Comment


            • #7
              If the alignments are the same try inserting a startup alignment at the end of your first program (right before the area you want to paste your second in) and a start up alignment at the begining of your second program ANSWER NO to the questions.. Then copy and paste the second program and remove startup alignment again say NO.
              sigpic
              if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by T Miller View Post
                If the alignments are the same try inserting a startup alignment at the end of your first program (right before the area you want to paste your second in) and a start up alignment at the begining of your second program ANSWER NO to the questions.. Then copy and paste the second program and remove startup alignment again say NO.
                I was going to suggest similar. First, and I assume you have already done this as you have expiremented. Make yourself a copy of each program saved with a different name. I suggest the regular name with "-mod" at the end. That way there is not a chance that you screw up the original programs.

                Does the second program use features for its initial dcc alignment that are measured in the the first program? If so, at the end of the first program, insert an alignment using these features. It should look identical to the alignment used at the beginning of the second program. Then, as Mr. Miller suggested, copy and paste everthing after the alignment in the second program. Hopefully that should do it. This is of course assuming that the two programs use the same tip otherwise you will have to insert some tip change commands as well.

                If the features aren't measured in the first program, add them at the end by programming them in the current alignment. Then do as above.
                Last edited by #2#; 03-09-2007, 11:56 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  It sounds to me like all you want to do is this.

                  1. Create a subroutine around your entire "second" program.
                  2. Then place a Print command at the end of that program but within the subroutine to create your 2nd report.
                  3. Also Create a print command at the end of your first program. (This way you still get two reports and not a big combined one.)
                  4. After the print command line in the first program execute the external subroutine in the first program to start the second.

                  This way you should only have to execute your first program to run both.

                  If you want just one big report, just skip steps 2 and 3.
                  Mr. Comment
                  SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
                  B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
                  PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nothing yet. I am still trying everything that has been suggested.
                    This is driving me nuts.
                    B. Jacobs
                    B&S Global 12.15.10
                    2014.1

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by B. Jacobs View Post
                      Nothing yet. I am still trying everything that has been suggested.
                      This is driving me nuts.
                      Well, do this:

                      1) In the source program, mark all the features
                      2) execute it in offline mode
                      3) When done, export the features to a DES file
                      4) Open the target program
                      5) Import the DES file

                      This will give you the XYZIJK of all the features as points-with-vectors that you can single-click on in the Atuo Features window and they will pull up as VECTOR or CIRCLE or SLOT, whatever they were (does NOT work for edge points) with the same label they had in the source program. You can then quickly re-program the points.

                      You can also try this:

                      1) In the target program, save the alignment to an external file
                      2) Open the source file and before the feature you want to copy over, insert the external alignment (pull-down at the top) and tell it NO, DO NOT UPDATE THE FEATURES!!!!!!!!!!!
                      3) Open the target program in the background editor (both program MUST be open at the same time)
                      4) Toggle back to the source program, copy the features/dimensions
                      5) toggle back to the target program, paste them (do not paste with apttern).

                      Before you insert the external alignment, write down the nominals of the first point, XYZIJK, then look at them after you insert the external alignment. If they didn't change, you are good so far. Then, when you paste them into the target program, check that feature again. IF they are still the same, then they didn't change and you should be good to go. Now, they might not look irght to the cad data, but that does not mean that they are incorrect. Mark them, show path lines, and they should then snap back onto the cad data.
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by AndersI
                      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Matt,
                        I'm working on what you suggested. I am not having any luck yet with any of it. Maybe after lunch I can regroup and get this thing going.
                        B. Jacobs
                        B&S Global 12.15.10
                        2014.1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MrComment View Post
                          It sounds to me like all you want to do is this.

                          1. Create a subroutine around your entire "second" program.
                          2. Then place a Print command at the end of that program but within the subroutine to create your 2nd report.
                          3. Also Create a print command at the end of your first program. (This way you still get two reports and not a big combined one.)
                          4. After the print command line in the first program execute the external subroutine in the first program to start the second.

                          This way you should only have to execute your first program to run both.

                          If you want just one big report, just skip steps 2 and 3.

                          How do I create subrutines. I am trying to go through the help files, but you know how that goes. I am still trying to get this to work.
                          If all else fails, I guess I will rewrite the program Mon.
                          B. Jacobs
                          B&S Global 12.15.10
                          2014.1

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            from the insert menu flow control and at the end put an end sub command
                            sigpic
                            if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Still no luck. We will continue this on Monday. I have had enough for one dsay.
                              Ya'll have a good weekend and thanks for the help so far.
                              B. Jacobs
                              B&S Global 12.15.10
                              2014.1

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X