v4.1 Out of Memory Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• v4.1 Out of Memory Error

Hello again all...Has anyone ever gotten an 'Out of Memory' error message in a pcdlrn window when attempting to start PC-DMIS? The version is 4.1.

Ron

Are you using Windows XP? Go to the hexagon website for the HotFix.
    sigpic

Comment

v4.1 Out of Memory Error

Originally posted by djayne View Post
      Are you using Windows XP? Go to the hexagon website for the HotFix.
      Thanks, Djayne. I guess I should have been more informative in my initial post. Actually went to the Wilcox site for the Hotfix earlier, but it seems that it is for the 32-bit encryotion and it states that it is only applicable to WinXP SP2. As you might guess, I use SP1.

The root problem stems from the issues that are arising when we try to use the DCI. It causes a tremendous, untolerable drain on the computer's resources. Have you experienced anything similar and if so, what did you do to remendy the situation.

Thanks again for your input.

Ron

Comment

somtimes if I open program from drop down of what I was last working on I get the blue screen of death! lose all settings pcdlearn error but if I open going through drive file system everything is fine version 3.73. also on wilcox site there is something about deleting a file when opening help screen hopes this helps
        sigpic
        3.7 MR4

Comment

Do you have other programs running in the background?
          Try shutting the machine down and rebooting many times this will cure this problem. I was told once that Excel uses a lot of memory and doesn't release it until you reboot.
          Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

I had this happen today I had started a program in 3.0263 and decided to bump it up. When I went to 3.73 I got the error message out of Memory. I shut down annd rebooted but it didn't help. I then Started to write the program over when I put the cad file back in everything worked fine. I shut it down and tried restarting the program and so far things are working just fine.
            Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment

I'm currently using 3.7 MR 3, on occasion while doing development work I sometimes inadvertently get 2 copies of PCDLRN.exe running which usually gives me the out of memory errory message.

When you get the message, do a Ctrl-Alt Del to get the Windows Task Manger, select the Processes Tab and check the list for PCDLRN.exe you should have only one. If you have more than one kill all of them and restart PCDMIS. If you have only one PCDLRN.exe, you might want to check the list for some other program consuming large amount of memory. Clicking twice on the column header "Mem Usage" will sort the process by memory amount with the largest users of memory at the top of list.

I can't recommend what to do if you do find another program consuming large amount of memory. Action to take depends on the program.

Comment

If you run PCDMIS and do CTRL-ALT-DEL, under the process tab, you will see how much PCDMIS memory it actually uses. Run a program and see how much more it uses. I don't believe PCDMIS releases the memory either. Bad programming
                I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
                PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
                PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment

Thanks To ALL!! v4.1 Out Of Memory

Thaks to everyone for has/her inout for my problem. It would seem that the most effective fix for this is to shutdown and start the PC-DEMON over again. Tis did indeed 'work' effectively as I was able to go right into PC-DMIS and the DCI.

Maybe we should post this to the Hexagon/Wilcox help solutions board, lol....

Thanks again,
                  Ron

Comment

No need I think that si the first thing they tell you anyway.. Shut everything down.
                    sigpic
                    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

I just had this on all 4 of our shop floor cmms today. I did a shutdown and install updates. There were 18 microsoft updates in que hogging up the memory. The computers picked up speed considerably and the error has gone away - Now if I could just fix the hundreds of other problems I'm having!
                      sigpic

Comment