Clearance Plane / Pass Through Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearance Plane / Pass Through Plane

For the life of me I can't get the probe to pick up my Lateral ~ Pass Through Plane. It picks up the active clearance plane in the "Z" but instead of moving past the end of the part to go underneath to travels to above then drops through the part. Here is my statement in the program:
    "CLEARP/ZPLUS,70,XPLUS,450". I have altered the number to extremes and it does not affect the lateral behavior of the Probe.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks a Mil ~ Gary
    sigpicThanks a Millionth

Try this document I made...

here

Hope it helps.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Clearplanes are a dangerous convenience. Most seasoned programmers only use them for one axis and do not fool with the pass thru option, preferring the more reliable and safer move point instead. HTH
      sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

You are quick this morning James. How much coffee have you had? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
          You are quick this morning James. How much coffee have you had? LOL
          Just 1. I do try to answer as much as I can, when I can, it just has been a little busy around here for a while. All I could do was read the posts during program runs/repair of faulty programming methods. By the way I use the clearplanes almost exclusively. It is much easier to add new stuff or fix old stuff using clearplane.
          sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Clearance Plane / Pass Through Plane

Thanks Gentleman ~
            I am reviewing the *.doc for my enlightenment. Hope has returned. Will get back.

gary
            sigpicThanks a Millionth

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
              Just 1. I do try to answer as much as I can, when I can, it just has been a little busy around here for a while. All I could do was read the posts during program runs/repair of faulty programming methods. By the way I use the clearplanes almost exclusively. It is much easier to add new stuff or fix old stuff using clearplane.
              Rusty, I would never dispute your courage. (Or your right to your nickname.) I count on you and your love of dancing on the edge to let me know which, (if any), of the several releases a year of this software are worth even considering! I am sure the pass thru planes do work well for some people/applications. But I have also seen a few threads/polls about this and I believe I am correct in saying the majority prefer movepoints. I myself switched to using mostly movepoints because the demon was not recognizing tip angles after a probe change and putting a move point in between the loadprobe and the tip commands solved the problem.

Comment

Clearance versus / Pass through

Thank You Both for your Responses.

I have heard the negative feedback over the years about the squirley things that pass through clearplanes can pick up. For that reason I never gambled with them nor took the time to grasp them. Making them work now, They appear to optimize motion without pondering best move point positions.

Thanks for the Pro's and Con's. I can make a more informed choice now.

Keep Keeping on!

Gary
                sigpicThanks a Millionth

Comment