Catia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catia

Need to ask, is these proper steps correct.....

1) When I download my catia model the PH10M probe head does not match my model cordinates I can correct this 1st by F5-part setup-change my cad axis to match my machine axis and then anymore fine tuning it will be with adjust button. Is this just a visual only......

2) Now I do a manual iterate alignment (6 points if not more)....

3)Turn DCC on remeasure my points and do a iterate alignment....

4) Now all my moves commands come of the part alignment which in reality still not set to the true machine cordinates so I use before and after move command in the auto features to match my vector directions.

5) Is these step correct because I don't use iterate alignments much yet I just wanted to make sure this is the correct procedure and please add any positive comments to this.

Thanks, also I need a cmm program to generate the numbers for the mega millions that right now at a estimated 370 million.....
    sigpic

I can't say what the "proper" steps are but I can say I have had success doing, as you describe (except for the fine tuning).
    As for your question if step one is just for visual purposes? I thought so, but have found in reality it seems to help in successfully getting through some alignments on the machine. Note - Your move points will be in your model coordinate system. I find doing an iterative alignment to the model coordinate system up front as you are doing assists later when bringing in revised models and relating local coordinate systems back to model coordinate systems which our customers require.

Comment

Originally posted by RussL View Post
      I can't say what the "proper" steps are but I can say I have had success doing, as you describe (except for the fine tuning).
      As for your question if step one is just for visual purposes? I thought so, but have found in reality it seems to help in successfully getting through some alignments on the machine. Note - Your move points will be in your model coordinate system. I find doing an iterative alignment to the model coordinate system up front as you are doing assists later when bringing in revised models and relating local coordinate systems back to model coordinate systems which our customers require.

The fine tuning is just for the visual of the part to the probe head.

Does the level points all have to be at the same Z height or only their vectors are in the same direction and the secondary is 90 degree from the primary and the origin in 90 degrees from both of the others
      Last edited by AuRules; 03-09-2007, 02:00 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

I would be careful with this one. I always change the machine to match the Part coordinates. If you probe a part and the plane is z minus What happens? If you try to run it with an iterative alignment won't it try to start from inside the part rather than from above the part The machine is going to automatically go ahead and move with the iterative alignment and think it is in machine coordinates.
        Tolerance challenged ... Living in the world of unseen lines.

This software isn't buggy its an infestation

Comment