Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Programs

what is the best way to send programs. We have some part that are being made/checked in Kansas City on PCDMIS 4.1, their wanting to run them here in Columbus GA on PCDMIS 3.7MR2. I had the programmer send a program of 1 of the parts over the server and email received both. copied them into PCDMIS
    went to open the program I can see the code but if I try to touch any buttons at all it locks up in both versions (kicks me out) so what is the correct process to transfer programs. Since it locked up first in PCDMIS 3.7MR2 I though I could open in what they run "PCDMIS 4.1" and do a save as a earlier version. That didn't work either........ HElP..
    sigpic

If your version isn't as high as theirs, then THEY need to SAVE-BACK to an earlier version, then you can open it.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Since I have 4.1 here I tried that, Any buttons I touch the software locks up in both of my versions.
      sigpic

Comment

Are you sure it is the exact same version, that they don't ahve any kind of a higher version? Tell them to save it back to V3.5 anyway and try it again. You should just be able to open it without any problems.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Did you save the program to your hard drive or are you trying to open it from some other location (e-mail or server)?

Comment

Originally posted by AuRules View Post
            Since I have 4.1 here I tried that, Any buttons I touch the software locks up in both of my versions.
            On explorer:
            Check properties, attributes, "read only"...unmark it and try again.
            sigpicIt's corona time!
            737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAƑOL

Comment

I will get him to save it back to v3.5 and try that.
              Look at the attachement I tried to open a higher version before and the error was about the serialization or created with a different version. This error is different. I see the code but if I move my mouse Then wha-la it locks up. But I will try to get him to save it back to v3.5, that might be the problem.
              Last edited by AuRules; 07-07-2008, 03:03 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I like the new error messages, "We are sorry for the inconvenience" buwaaaaa ha haha ha ha, that's a good one. "The information you were working on might be lost". There's no "might" about it. I wish I had a job writting those error messages.

Error: Hope what you have done up to now was not that important, buh bye now.
                <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post

Error: Hope what you have done up to now was not that important, buh bye now.
                  now, thats funny!!!
                  RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
                  sigpic

Comment

Is it possible you don't have CAD ++, and the person wrting it does ? If so, there might be some features created in the program that your level of Pc-dmis doesn't like because the modules are not activated. Just a thought. Do they maybe have a DCI on theirs ? Did he send you their probe file to put into root of Pc-dmis ? If not, try that ? There are many little possibilities, but I program off line alot and very rarely run into problems (if at all) when customer uses my programs....
                    Jim Jewell

Comment

Thank you for all of the replies on this issue. The bottom line of this issue was I was talking with the wrong guy in Kansas, he saved the program somehow different. When I spoke to the Head Programmer he downloaded the programs and sent them to me and all is fine.. Thanks once again and you all have a beer on me.........Cause I'm am........ This one was a good experience.
                      sigpic

Comment