Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Changer

Good morning everyone!
    I am using 2017R1. Has anyone used the Tool Changer in PC-DMIS? If so, can anyone give me any info on how to set it up. I have read about in the help files but sometimes, info just makes better sense when one of your colleagues explain it. Thank you in advance.
    Darroll
    2018R2

First of all Darrollh, Do you have this option? Are you talking about Offline Programming? Do you have a Rack? Give us all the information you have and we can go from there.
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• Darrollh
      Darrollh commented
      Editing a comment
      Working off-line. We have an FCR25 with 6 slots. We have that option.

KIRBSTER269 : +1 !
    There are many kinds of changers. You say tool changer, maybe it's a tesastar-r, but it can be a ACR2, they don't works by the same way.
    Tell us what changer, and someone will be able to help you...

Comment

Out of curiosity, what's the benefit if it's offline?
      Wouldn't you only be able to use it online to physically change a probe?

Comment

First choose what Type it is in the first screen. These are usually three slots, but I myself chose 1 Probe changer. because if you do 2 it will treat Mount Point separately to each dock. (wasted moves)

probe1.JPG

Next Goto Ports and type in the number of slots you have in the bottom right corner.

probe3.JPG

Then you can goto to each Port and click on (no probe) and a list will come up and you can choose what Probe you want for that slot.

Since it's Offline, I don't really think there is a need for Calibration or Mount point, unless it effects your online, which I'm pretty sure it does not.

Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 10-17-2017, 12:58 PM.
        (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
        They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• Darrollh
          Darrollh commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the information!!!!!!! I am looking forward to trying to use it. Sometimes, for whatever reason, customers want us to write th program to include the probe changer.

Another First is to know how it will work with your existing programs and prepare for that. I measure large cylindrical parts that take up much of my 12-20-10 volume and others not so much,
        so with this in mind I had to define a mount point that was high so that the changer will work with all my programs. The Mount point is the defined point the head will go to before and after every probe change.
        When a Loadprobe command is encountered in your program the probe is going to that mount point, so you need a move point before and now after a loadprobe because it has to come back from the mount point. You will also need to have your mode in DCC and your movespeed where you want it so that the changer can work as well at the beginning of the program where before it wasn't yet needed.

Have you already outgrown the rack you have?...know that the help files tell you how to "Drop off a probe without picking one up" in order to manually load a probe that is not assigned to a rack slot.
        Also know there are a couple "global" setup questions when you F9 your probe files under "setup" that apply...1) Don't ask operator about currently loaded... and 2) Probe file used to force unload...

The changer or option isn't needed offline, however you do have to consider the above when programing for a machine using a changer.

I am using a SCR-200 six slot rack for the TP200, and for whatever reason I could not get it to work in the "Tamper proof on" mode I had to switch it off to get it to work.

HTH,

Comment

You might want a offline probe changer for parts that have multiple probes and a complicated fixture.This would let you use path lines and collision detection offline. Not absolutely needed but nice to have. Just make sure that you put in move points to get the probe to a safe spot before changing probes..

Comment

• InspectorJester
            InspectorJester commented
            Editing a comment
            I deal with relatively small parts. I hadn't thought about this. +1