Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hide / disable execution box at form?

Hey.

Is it possible to hide or disable the execution box when a form is open? I want to try and stop operators from simply hitting "continue" on the execution box to skip the form.

Thanks

Will

I am pretty sure you will be able to hide it with VB or something.

But what I do is to have a small loop which will keep opening the form until it is completed.

For example if your form outputs to V1 and V2

FORM_LOOP LABEL

FORM

IF_GOTO V1==0, GOTO FORM_LABEL
    IF_GOTO V2==0, GOTO FORM_LABEL

(That example is not correct, I am not at the CMM at the moment but it should give you an idea what I mean)

So if V1 and V2 have nothing written in them then the program will keep looping the form until they enter something. You may also need to put checks in there to check they are entering what you want as well if they are the type of people that will keep skipping the form entry.

Comment

• WM321
      WM321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I have tried the method you have suggested. I should have mentioned, I am using a ComboBox to select what operation to run. If you skip the form, the assignment holds the input from the last time the form was used (does not re-set), so V1 always = the last input. Or am I missing something?

TUP =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:,LIST=YES
      ALIGNMENT/END
      L1 =LABEL/
      CS1 =FORM/FILENAME= C:\USERS\WILLIAMM\DESKTOP\TEST1.FORM
      PARAM/TEXT2.TEXT=STR_OP
      PARAM/=
      ENDFORM/
      ASSIGN/STR_OP=STR_OP
      IF_GOTO/STR_OP=="Run OP2 only",GOTO = L_OP2

Hopefully I get this right as I cant use pcdmis right now

Thanks, I have tried the method you have suggested. I should have mentioned, I am using a ComboBox to select what operation to run. If you skip the form, the assignment holds the input from the last time the form was used (does not re-set), so V1 always = the last input. Or am I missing something?

TUP =ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:,LIST=YES
    ALIGNMENT/END
    L1 =LABEL/
    ASSIGN/STR_OP=0
    CS1 =FORM/FILENAME= C:\USERS\WILLIAMM\DESKTOP\TEST1.FORM
    PARAM/TEXT2.TEXT=STR_OP
    PARAM/=
    ENDFORM/
    ASSIGN/STR_OP=STR_OP
    IF_GOTO/STR_OP=="Run OP2 only",GOTO = L_OP2
    if you put the assignment before the form as well (text in red), and assign it 0 it should clear it inside the form so the form is blank.

I also don't think you need the assignment in blue but I am not 100% sure, you already have the assignment created for the param value.

Comment

• WM321
      WM321 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes moving the assign has sorted it. Thanks mate!
widgetinstance 190 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X