Need advice on a Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on a Version

Long story short, I am not a fan of updating any pc-dmis software. I've been working with 14.1v for sometime now and love it very much.

The new issue is, I am in need of a newer version simply because I will be reviewing programs from multiple suppliers, and since there are so many of them I will not know who's got what version, so I am almost forced to get a newer version just so that I could open our vendor prgs.

Do you think that I should update to v2017R2?
    B&S One
    PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Install the newest (if your SMA is up to date). It should NOT over-write your existing version.

Then you can either run the new version or the old version. You can open the suppliers program in the new version, save it back to your favorite version, and use it there.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• WolfMan
      WolfMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Matt, that is what I will do.

• WolfMan
      WolfMan commented
      Editing a comment
      2017v will work with Windows 7?

• DAN_M
      DAN_M commented
      Editing a comment
      Check the release notes on hex's web page
      Win 7 will run 2017R1 32 and 64bit but I am not sure about the newer revisions of the software.

I have no idea. I'm on 2016
    sigpic
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I would recommend both 2017 R2 and 2016. Reason being that 2017 still has some bugs that need to be worked out (but hey, at least we have new icons ). Keep in mind that as of 2017 they stopped supporting 32 bit operating systems. If your PC is not 64 bit then you won't be able to upgrade. I personally still have 2016 and 2017 R1 & R2 installed and intend to keep all of them for a while.

Error in best fit calculation

Comment

I'd HIGHLY recommend staying away from 2017 until they have all of their bugs worked out. They rolled it out too fast & glossed over major things that really inconvenienced long time users in order to substantiate their ridiculous SMA payments. It was kind of sad. Anyway, the latest versions of 2016 are solid.
        SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          negative nancy

• DAN_M
          DAN_M commented
          Editing a comment
          honest hector

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post
        I'd HIGHLY recommend staying away from 2017 until they have all of their bugs worked out. They rolled it out too fast & glossed over major things that really inconvenienced long time users in order to substantiate their ridiculous SMA payments. It was kind of sad. Anyway, the latest versions of 2016 are solid.
        In other words... business as usual.
        sigpic

Comment

I would recommend 2017 R1 SP3. As it still has the old toolbar buttons.

#changesucks
          "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

2017 R1 and R2 seem pretty solid. However, as mentioned before 2017 R2 has icons that have changed and R2 and above will only run on 64-bit systems. 2017 R1 still can run on a 32-bit system.

Comment

So all I have to do is Load a very solid 2017vR2 and I am good to go right?

ahahaha thanks guys
              B&S One
              PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Do you think I should be scared of backsaving from v2017 to v2014 even. If both versions are cad++
                B&S One
                PC-DMIS CAD v2014

Romer Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by WolfMan View Post
                  Do you think I should be scared of backsaving from v2017 to v2014 even. If both versions are cad++
                  I think it will depend on 'what' you are doing in the program. Basic programs (vector, edge, circle, slot) shouldn't be an issue. Except maybe for square slot. I back-save from 2016 to V3.7, 'basic' programs, and the only issue I see is, SOMETIMES, the square slot.
                  sigpic

Comment

• WolfMan
                    WolfMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    wow, ok.. thanks for sharing

Also be wary if you have a auto-feature that uses a scanning strategy. That wasn't an option in older versions and I've seen it change from version to version since it was first introduced.
                  PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

• WolfMan
                    WolfMan commented
                    Editing a comment
                    does it uses TTP or analog scanning?

• Schrocknroll
                    Schrocknroll commented
                    Editing a comment
                    This would only be an issue with an analog scanning probe system.