Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Plane

Looking for a bit of help,

Trying to use the auto plane function for the first time. I'm taking a plane on a thin ring, so want to be able to take a plane on a Ø610 when my datum is at the centre of the part.

I've had a mess about with the auto plane but it doesn't seem to give me an option of what Ø or radial size I would like to measure my plane at, is there an obvious way to do this that I am blatantly missing?

Cheers,
    Gary

When you open the auto plane, change pattern to radial, then under "contact sample hits properties" the box that says spacer will allow you to change the radius of the path..
    Last edited by 2013_junkie; 08-08-2017, 10:28 AM. Reason: Strictly cuz NinjaBadger is nit picky

Comment

• NinjaBadger
      NinjaBadger commented
      Editing a comment
      you need to enter the radius not the diameter

Like so..
    Attached Files

Comment

Cheers mate much appreciated

Comment

Do you know how to use the Datum diameter for XY or Z nominal (depending on how its held) of the plane?

Comment

• Mikeg
          Mikeg commented
          Editing a comment
          In this case the OD is all ready the Datum so I don't think it would help much, but yes you enter the name of the feature and extension into the theos and targets to use measured dimensions of that feature.

• CarfinBear72
          CarfinBear72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cheers for the help Mike

• Mikeg
          Mikeg commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem. Have a good day

Mikeg You can type in a feature name into the "THEO" field for an autofeature?! Never heard of this, tried it and it worked. You've been teaching me a lot lately, I think I need to ship you a case of beer or something!
        Last edited by DAN_M; 08-08-2017, 01:48 PM.
        SF7107(PCD), SF454(PCD), 152614(Quindos), 9159(Quindos), 7107(Quindos), B&S Manual, M&M Gear Checker

Comment

• Mikeg
          Mikeg commented
          Editing a comment
          That's awesome, im glad I can help, because I know I will need help soon

I do this when we have to Datum off of a plate and I want my DCC hits to go to the exact same x and y coordinates that I did in the manual...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Mikeg
          Mikeg commented
          Editing a comment
          I use it when I check a shallow pocket so that way the points for the sidewalls are always based off the bottom of the pocket. that way if the pocket is shallow the probe doesn't bottom out.

• Mikeg
          Mikeg commented
          Editing a comment
          Then I just use PLN1.Y+-.02 (-.02 because its YMINUS) to add .020" to PLN1 location so that the points are always .020 from the bottom of the pocket.