Lines to Spheres Scan appearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lines to Spheres Scan appearance?

I searched the forum and came up empty handed. I have 2 seats of PcDmis one shows scans as small little black lines and the other shows them as spheres and colored according to deviation. I want both to be colored spheres. Anyone?

Lines:
    LinesScan.png

Spheres:

SphereScan.png
    PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
    Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Edit/Graphic Display Window/Display Symbols. Click on "Symbols" tab

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post
      Edit/Graphic Display Window/Display Symbols. Click on "Symbols" tab
      Both seats are identical under "Symbols" tab.

thanks for your suggestions DAN_M!
      Last edited by Kp61dude!; 07-26-2017, 03:00 PM.
      PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
      Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

Really? Thats bizarre. Be sure to hit apply and okay

Capture.PNG

Comment

Yep! Did as you mentioned and no change. Here's a shot of them side by side.

IdenticalSettings.png
          PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
          Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

INSERT/POINTCLOUD/Feature pick your scan, set your tolerence create COP1 INSERT/POINTCLOUD/POINT COLORMAP choose COP1 create Capture.JPG

AHHHH How pretty!!
            (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
            They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

KIRBSTER269 pretty indeed! But that's manual work, I would have to do only on one seat, the other is fine, ain't nobody got time for that! I want it to be normal on both machines, if possible.
              Last edited by Kp61dude!; 07-26-2017, 04:46 PM.
              PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
              Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

Kp61dude! Notime.jpg

Comment

Fine lazy a$$ goto settings editor Find REALTIMECOLORINGFILTER and change the value to 0
                  (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)

Comment

I see this very same thing when programs are created offline (using workstations with good graphics cards) are opened online at the cmm on office-grade computers with on board graphics.

There are so many things that could be causing this that I've never worked up the energy to try and figure it out. Throw in the fact that it doesn't bother me and...

One possibly useful question - are the opengl settings the same in pcdmis on both computers?

I can tell from the side by sides that the windows desktop settings are different between the 2 computers. Maybe, but probably not causing the problem.
                    ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by KIRBSTER269 View Post
                      Fine lazy a$$ goto settings editor Find REALTIMECOLORINGFILTER and change the value to 0
                      I'll try that!

Originally posted by DJAMS View Post
                      I see this very same thing when programs are created offline (using workstations with good graphics cards) are opened online at the cmm on office-grade computers with on board graphics.

There are so many things that could be causing this that I've never worked up the energy to try and figure it out. Throw in the fact that it doesn't bother me and...

One possibly useful question - are the opengl settings the same in pcdmis on both computers?

I can tell from the side by sides that the windows desktop settings are different between the 2 computers. Maybe, but probably not causing the problem.
                      ​​​
                      You hit the nail on it's head, preferred option is on a fancy off the shelf PC used for offline and the other is an average PC. I don't want to compare settings editor values just yet as that will be a lengthy process.
                      PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
                      Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

Capture.JPG worked for me

Comment

• Kp61dude!
                          Kp61dude! commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah I guess? Look at my OP it's the pic without the spheres.

• KIRBSTER269
                          KIRBSTER269 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Kp61dude! Did you run it?

• Kp61dude!
                          Kp61dude! commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yeah, that is measured data.

Originally posted by Kp61dude! View Post

I'll try that!

You hit the nail on it's head, preferred option is on a fancy off the shelf PC used for offline and the other is an average PC. I don't want to compare settings editor values just yet as that will be a lengthy process.
                        Would point out that there is a dialog box in pcdmis for the OpenGL settings. You don't have to go to SE. And I will always recommend using the dialog boxes when they are available. Strongly recommend in this case

Comment

DJAMS is it Edit | Graphic Display Window | OpenGL...? If so Everything is the same except for the hardware info of course.
                          PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
                          Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

• Kp61dude!
                            Kp61dude! commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I'm about to order a fancy graphics card just so that I could see those satisfying colors (possibly)!!!

• DJAMS
                            DJAMS commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's the smart thing to do, even if it doesn't correct this particular problem. We've done the same on some of our online computers.

• Kp61dude!
                            Kp61dude! commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Well you can weed out the graphics card, it's a fairly good one NVIDIA Quadro M4000 4GB

2 offline stations show colored spheres and 1 online machine does not. Time to go on the hunt for all Online machines around campus.
                          PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
                          Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment