E179 error troubleshooting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E179 error troubleshooting question

Ok, I know this error is covered in another post, but I just wanted to get an answer from what one of the post said for troubleshooting the error. It said, "to delete the probe calibration file data". If I do that, will I have to re-establish the probes and angles all over again in the programs? Or will they still be saved in the programs? The company is having a technician come out from hexagon tomorrow for the issue. I'm just trying to get the CMM running for today. Would I have to delete the results files and .prb files?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SI_GUY_29; 07-17-2017, 08:06 AM.

The results files is nothing more than a text file so you can access the results 'not in Pcdmis'. Deleting the results file will have no effect on Pcdmis. The probe calibration data that Pcdmis uses is in the probe file itself.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• SI_GUY_29
      SI_GUY_29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Where do I access this probe file? All I see is the Copy-Current probe tips file. Also, If I gain access to this file and delete the probe data. Will I have to re-establish all the probes in the programs?

• bigtallanddopey
      bigtallanddopey commented
      Editing a comment
      it depends where it has been saved, check EDIT > Preferences > search path to find out.

Yes, if you delete these you will have to re-create all your probes, not in the programs if you call them exactly the same names and re-create the same angles

Have you tried re-setting all the tip data when calibrating? there is a button to do so in the calibration window.
      Last edited by bigtallanddopey; 07-17-2017, 08:49 AM.

• SI_GUY_29
      SI_GUY_29 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are the files that I need to delete listed as ex: 2mmx20mm.prb?

Your programs will still look for those probes/angles, only they will be red if that probe doesn't exist any more or angle is not calibrated.
    sigpic...engineering

Comment

Originally posted by Obelix View Post
      Your programs will still look for those probes/angles, only they will be red if that probe doesn't exist any more or angle is not calibrated.
      Then all when you click on Mark Used, the probe file will populate with the tips/angles used in that program. If you see an asterisk next to the tip/angle name, then it means that it was just created and not calibrated yet. Those will be at the top of the list. Just calibrate them and all will be well.
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

I will see if I can get this to work. Thanks for all your feedback, appreciate it.

Comment