PC-DMIS 2017 R2 is released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me guess... exporting a report to a PDF still doesn't work, yeah?

Comment

• JamesMannes
      JamesMannes commented
      Editing a comment
      ...and if an editable pdf is what you mean that just infers that you want to change numbers on the report, no? Naughty...

• Kevo_cmm
      Kevo_cmm commented
      Editing a comment
      wellll... to give Charlie the benefit of the doubt, he might just want to copy the data and paste it into another application as he analyzes the info and presents it to others...

• Charlie8
      Charlie8 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm downloading 2017 R2 now. I'm going to tap an irish jig if it can actually export a report using the PRINT/ command and not fail 50% percent of the time. I know the App Engineers there have been aware of this issue for years...

I'm downloading it now. I have taken a back seat to the new releases but am willing to at least look at this one. I used to be the veritable guinea pig for Hexagon. Ask any of the oldsters (is that like a hipster?).
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Well that didn't work out so good. Each point size in each auto-feature looks like it needs to be adjusted. Hexagon, you got an answer for this? My point size in the original program was 3 (in inches but it is a carry over from mm). Had to change the one small point to .120" to make it look correct. That part is 28" wide by the way. Looks just fine in 2015 and 2017 R1. But not in the R2 version. Ahhh...brings back memories.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

• DAN_M
        DAN_M commented
        Editing a comment
        I have this same issuer and its really annoying.

• Benedictj1
        Benedictj1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to adjust every point......

When I open a Program that works fine on my preferred version (2015.1) all is fine but in 2017 R2 I get this:

Before.jpg

After I open and then close probe utilities this happens:

After.jpg

checked all I could and it seems to be in correct order, what gives?
      PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
      Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
        Well that didn't work out so good. Each point size in each auto-feature looks like it needs to be adjusted. Hexagon, you got an answer for this? My point size in the original program was 3 (in inches but it is a carry over from mm). Had to change the one small point to .120" to make it look correct. That part is 28" wide by the way. Looks just fine in 2015 and 2017 R1. But not in the R2 version. Ahhh...brings back memories.
        Hello James,

To start with, as an "oldster", thank you for for participation in our technical previews, and also for jumping into 2017 R2. We are working to address issues that are raised.

For the point size issue, I cannot see this happening on my own system, but I have an idea.

First, run the 2017 R1 Settings Editor and make a backup of the registry settings. Then run the 2017 R2 Settings Editor and back that one up also. Store these away for later reference if needed.

Now, while in the 2017 R2 Settings Editor, choose the Import button to import the settings from 2017 R1 (into 2017 R2). Now try your test routine again, see what size the points are. Regardless of whether or not this works, maybe you can send me those two registry backups so I can look at them. Regardless, let's start there and see what happens.

After that, if you want, try a PRODUCT RESET (from the Settings Editor). You could always import the settings again fro your backup if this also fails.
        Last edited by Don Ruggieri; 07-14-2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
          Don Ruggieri commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually, further investigation shows we may have something to go on here. Still working on it.

While I am not able to repeat this, even after multiple attempts, there is one person that is also seeing something similar, we will continue to pursue it

FYI, what we are seeing so far is that if we work with sphere symbols, they convert fine. For some reason if we use round dot symbols (which define pixels as units) instead, they have an adverse effect on the sphere symbol size. We are tracking this as PCD-124204. Also, it seems that this has been around in some form since about 2014, but we are looking into getting it fixed now that we are close to identifying the problem.
          Last edited by Don Ruggieri; 07-14-2017, 01:01 PM.

• DAN_M
          DAN_M commented
          Editing a comment
          I am seeing this same issue. All programs I open look like black blobs

Originally posted by Charlie8 View Post
        Let me guess... exporting a report to a PDF still doesn't work, yeah?
        Charlie8, we have had an issue with generating report to PDF in the past, but we provided a solution since 2017 R1 SP1, and other service packs since, along with a utility to repair prior versions. Please elaborate on your own experience. Are you seeing something else?

Comment

IS THIS AVAILABLE IN UK YET? as when i check for updates it says i have the latest version?

Comment

All, please check the CAD vectors on a model in this version. I had posted a bug that placed the vectors at the origin and I have to flip them to get the correct orientation. But after closing the dialogue, it reverts back to an incorrect position of the CAD vector.
            Why was this not fixed?

*****It now behaves differently, I had to product reset, now the CAD vectors show the correct direction, but remain attached to the trihedron center.****
            Last edited by Benedictj1; 07-14-2017, 12:39 PM. Reason: correction
            sigpicTAU ALPHA PI INDIANA DELTA CHAPTER
            "Due to the highly confidential nature of my job, I am not allowed to know what I am doing" - author unknown

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
              Don Ruggieri commented
              Editing a comment
              Can you share this model with us, along with a screen capture showing the erroneous vectors?

• Don Ruggieri
              Don Ruggieri commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for sharing this Benedictj1, we've logged it in as PCD-124215 and will research it there

blob.PNG In 2017, it makes the point sizes on all of my programs default to a different value than I originally set. All of my programs look like blobs now. Thanks for this enhancement guys

Comment

• Don Ruggieri
              Don Ruggieri commented
              Editing a comment
              See prior posts from James Mannes, we are working on this, a units conversion issue for the point size. Dan, are you seeing this in R1, R2, or both?

• JThomas
              JThomas commented
              Editing a comment
              I think that is a GREAT enhancement. Be glad you pay to keep that SMA up!!!

• KIRBSTER269
              KIRBSTER269 commented
              Editing a comment
              This is actually quite nice, if you think about. This shows you what you have already covered on the part. Looks like you don't have much more to check.

OK, I do not mind the new icons, but why do I have some new and some old icons in my toolbars??? Graphics of some new icons make no sense with the function they perform.

Comment

I remember when SolidWorks change the Icons color and contrast for version 2016. There was such an outrage on the SolidWorks Forums over the change that SoildWorks added a Icon color option. The option is to be able to change the Icons color from Default to Classic. Maybe they could do this with PC-DMIS to have a Icon color option.
              https://forum.solidworks.com/thread/...art=0&tstart=0

SoilidWorks Color Option.PNG

Comment

• davehocum
                davehocum commented
                Editing a comment
                Added the Option to the Idea Center.
                Icon Color Option
                https://hexagonmi.userecho.com/topics/301-/

• JamesMannes
                JamesMannes commented
                Editing a comment
                Great idea davehocum . I used one of my 3 votes on that.

• vpt.se
                vpt.se commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, changing things and pushing (forcing) users towards the "new", "better" and "improved" is one thing that Hexagon software releases excels at. The option to "keep as is" should always be available with a major change. Just a suggestion.

I am attaching a script called CovertPointSize.txt. To try it -

Take an existing INCH routine that shows these huge point symbols
              Make a backup copy of it
              Open the backup copy

Take the attachment here, called ConvertPointSIze.TXT
              Rename the extension to BAS
              Copy it into the PC-DMIS folder with the PRGs
              In PC-DMIS, go to View – Basic Script Editor
              Open this script, then execute it, the point displays in the routine should be scaled down to a reasonable size

We are working on a permanent solution, but feel free to try this on your own INCH measurement routines and provide any feedback you are inclined to offer.

Attached Files

Comment

• JamesMannes
                JamesMannes commented
                Editing a comment
                Don, thank you for reaching out to me. I tried the provided .bas file and it worked like a charm. I'm sure you folks will have a patch sooner rather than later.

• vpt.se
                vpt.se commented
                Editing a comment
                Is this only related to programs using INCHES?

I'm seeing something funky with clearance planes...

Lets say I have a clearance plane of Y-0.125". It works fine until I change my Y origin.

If I move my origin Y+1", it now clears Y-1.125 (which is to the original clearance zone). I have to add the same clearance plane command after my new origin to get it to only clear back 0.125".

Is anyone else seeing this? Below is an example of what I have to do in order to work around this.

Code:
              LOADPROBE/1_30_0
                          TIP/T1A90B180, SHANKIJK=0, -1, 0, ANGLE=180
                          CLEARP/YMINUS,-0.125,ZPLUS,0,ON
                          MOVE/CLEARPLANE
              PNT42      =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
                          THEO/<0.135,0.542,0.125>,<0,-1,0>
                          ACTL/<0.134762,0.542913,0.12531>,<0,-1,0>
                          TARG/<0.135,0.542,0.125>,<0,-1,0>
                          SNAP=NO
                          SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=NO
                          SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=NO
              A5_IS_A4_YATBOLTCIR=ALIGNMENT/START,RECALL:A4_TO_B,LIST=YES
                            ALIGNMENT/TRANS,YAXIS,PLN_ATOP_BOLTCIR
                          ALIGNMENT/END
                          CLEARP/YMINUS,-0.125,ZPLUS,0,ON
                          MOVE/CLEARPLANE
              PNT43      =FEAT/CONTACT/VECTOR POINT/DEFAULT,CARTESIAN
                          THEO/<-0.135,0.056,0.125>,<0,-1,0>
                          ACTL/<-0.134975,0.055769,0.12531>,<0,-1,0>
                          TARG/<-0.135,0.056,0.125>,<0,-1,0>
                          SNAP=NO
                          SHOW FEATURE PARAMETERS=NO
                          SHOW CONTACT PARAMETERS=NO
                          MOVE/CLEARPLANE

Comment

• WolfMan
                WolfMan commented
                Editing a comment
                seems correcto to me to

If I am reading your post correctly, this is exactly how it is supposed to work. When you define the clearance plane in part coordinates, consider that it is actually stored at that location in machine coordinates. No matter what you do with the origin, the clearance plane will not move. The only time it moves is when you redefine it, even if you enter the same number.

Comment

• DAN_M
                DAN_M commented
                Editing a comment
                I had a different understanding of how clearance plane functioned. I didn't realize it was stored in machine coordinates until being re-defined. Thanks for explaining that.

Just finish removing PC-DMIS 2017 R2 after creating some custom toolbars. What a mess! The Icons in the New Customize Toolbars I created do not match the Icons in the Customize dialog window. Then selecting Use large menus the Icons disappear in my customize toolbars. This issue is with Windows 7 online and Windows 10 offline floating license seat. Also after installing 2017 R2 my scripts were giving a server error with 2017 R1. So, the only way I could use my scripts with 2017 R1 was to add " Set App = CreateObject("PCDLRN.Application.12.1") ". Removed 2017 R2 still couldn't use my scripts with 2017 R1. So, I had to remove 2017 R1 and then install 2017 R1 again with the Windows 10.
              No issue with Windows 7 with the scripts. Still have 2017 R1 and 2017 R2 on the Windows 7 CMM.
              Last edited by davehocum; 07-20-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• mitkos
                mitkos commented
                Editing a comment
                YES, some icons are a mess in custom toolbars. I hope they will fix it soon, it is getting on my nerves too.

• Betsy Saunders
                Betsy Saunders commented
                Editing a comment
                I am trying to reproduce your issue with large menus and customize toolbars. I'm using Windows 10 offline and I'm not seeing any issues. Could you provide me with more details as to which icons seem to disappear and in what circumstances?