Hasp missing from PC - hasp ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasp missing from PC - hasp ID

We've got a laptop that has 2012 and 2013 installed and the hasp has disappeared sometime in the last couple of years and is no where to be found. I've checked for CUSTPROGRAM dump files and find none anywhere on the hard drive. Is there any way possible to find out what the hasp ID was?
    Xcel & MicroVal Pfx & Global 37mr4 thru 2012mr1sp3
    Contura Calypso 5.4

Lord, keep Your arm around my shoulder and Your hand over my mouth. Amen.

Ask Hexagon Support? Assuming you bought the hasp from Hexagon they should have a record.

Comment

Contact Hexagon and they should be able to find it from their records. There used to be an option to purchase a replacement if you reported a hasp as lost or stolen but that was before LMS came in. I expect they would issue you with a new LMS license now.
      Neil Challinor
      PC-DMIS Product Owner

T: +44 870 446 2667 (Hexagon UK office)
      E: [email protected]

Comment

The hasp was purchased by a company or person and we don't know who it was.... My contact at Hexagon has literally jumped through hoops helping me try and find who bought it. We have an idea when but without a specific name of the person or company we are SOL.
        Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          If it was legally acquired by your company. Then this should be in their records. When you purchase from say another company you purchase the rights but don't you have to register that info with Hexagon when purchasing it? Also can't you look up the machine serial number? everytime I call they need that info before continuing. Wish I could help you, but since I can't, and seeing your avatar thought this would make you feel better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9t-slLl30E

KIRBSTER269 my current employer bought out the original owner of the hasp. There was another step in the process as to the best of my knowledge before that 2 companies merged.... so the paper trail of who bought the original offline seat has disappeared, intentionally or not. Legally the company I work for own the rights this seat through the buyouts, as it was listed as asset in the purchase agreement.
        Contura Calypso 5.4

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          dumb question, but I'll ask anyways. Did you check the CLM or is this still on the computer. I would try this myself but my computers are occupied right now. By that I mean removing the dongle then pulling it up CLM and viewing the license. I'm not sure that will work just throwing any kind of suggestions out there blindly

• KIRBSTER269
          KIRBSTER269 commented
          Editing a comment
          never mind that last remark. Doesn't even show one on mine. Guess that's what the hasp does.

Same scenario at the last place I worked at. They bought out a company and inherited a lasertracker with a laptop that had 2013 installed. Since all the "programmers" there knew nothing about PcDmis the laser sat and collected dust

Years later when I start working there as the only "pcd experience" person I decided to knock the dust off the laser and start using it meanwhile 7 new PCDMIS machines got delivered. I never found the HASP asked all over the place and no one knew about it including HEX... The "Programmer Manager" there would boast up and down that he's been doing side jobs for other companies with PcDmis, I asked (not aware of the missing HASP yet) if he went to the companies or did it offline... he responded that he bought an offline seat with his own money and shoved a business card with his name and tittle on it (CMM MANAGER!) payed no mind to it but later realized the man didn't like me because he suspected what was coming, they handed that tittle over to me. Never found out if the HASP he owned was the one for the lasertracker we were missing but it sure does make me wonder.

Sorry I had a flash back and had to share, you new folks out there do what you do and treat everyone with respect no matter how much you feel they don't deserve it, the speed of how fast the tables turn is phenomenal.
        PcDmis 2015.1 SP10 CAD++
        Global 7-10-7 DC800S

Comment