Need Help w/ This problem, Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help w/ This problem, Please

Here is the scenario.......We have put all CMM programs on the server. We have (5) CMMs running programs from that one central location on the server.
    We have CMM Programmers who have read/write access to the server and CMM Operators and Machinists who only have read access.
    We do this by using usernames and passwords. Everyone in the shop (Machinists and CMM Operators) have one common username/password.
    When looged in to the shop username, we cannot open CMM Programs. We keep getting the Serialization error: ALT
    Its strange, sometimes we can open a program, then close it and try to reopen it and it gives us the error.
    All CMMs are running the same version (3.7 MR3)......same date of release....All probe files are on each individual CMM computer........Probe search path is local C:\drive.........Programs search path is \\:Server
    This only happens when logged in to the shop username......I can log in using my username and everything works great.
    I realize we probably need to be using Operator mode to accomplish this, but why can't we do it this way?........Any ideas??????

Thanks,
    Doberman

Might be corruption on the server
    sigpic

Comment

Does this happen on all the CMMs?
      PC-DMIS 2016.0 SP8

Jeff

Comment

Is it possible that the program is open on one of the other machines when you get the error?
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Sounds like a sharing issue.

A.Gore
          sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Yes, it happens on all CMMs.......
            No, Programs are not open by other computers......no sharing issues.
            I'm thinking its a probe issue because everytime I've seen that error, its been a probe file corrupted or something.

Doberman

Comment

Does the SHOP login have permission to change files on the local PC harddrive? Is that what got missed with the new setup? If it can't update files (ie PROBE file) on the local PC, then you will get errors.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

As far as I understand it, all users of PC-DMIS have to have administrative rights on the computer they are pulling programs up on(3.7 and above). What the IT guy/gal has to do is set the screen name in question to only be able to use the "operator" mode of the PC-DMIS functions(if that is what you want them to do). If you limit the shop floor computer to "read only" and give them adiministraive rights perhaps that will clear it up also. I know this is weird but, to the best of my knowledge it is true.

JIMI
                Last edited by JamesMannes; 04-11-2006, 08:15 PM.
                sigpic

James Mannes

Comment