Intersection of a line and a circle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intersection of a line and a circle

I am trying to create an intersection point using a line and a circle. (line 2 & circle 2 I am using the method below. The point is not even close to where I need it to be. Can someone explain this?
    1. Access the Construct Circle dialog box (Insert | Feature | Constructed | Circle).
    2. Select the Intersect option.
    3. Select the first feature. It must be either a circle, cone, cylinder, or sphere.
    4. Select the second feature. It must be a plane.
    5. Click the Create button
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Josh Carpenter; 06-27-2017, 11:07 AM. Reason: clarify and classify

in the example your have circle one selected, circle one does not appear to intersect with line 2. did you mean to select circle one?
    sigpic

Comment

Circle 2 is only a partial circle. Open the attachment. I am trying to intersect the partial circle on the left with the line on the top of the part
      Attached Files

Comment

Where the dimension 5.00 & the 9.638, that is where I am trying o create the intersection.

Comment

it appears you have the constructed point set up correctly except in your original screen shot you have circle one selected instead of circle 2.
          sigpic

Comment

You have tried creating a Reverse Line and Intersection/piercing with that?
            Lately, it occurs to me
            What a long, strange trip it's been.

2017 R1 (Offline programming)

Comment

I am very new to PC-DMIS Is there a way to create an intersection using the arc on the left hand side & the top outside line of the part?

Comment

Create intersection
                Attached Files

Comment

Use a pierce point.

set direction of line in the direction you want.

think of a piecre point as shooting an arrow into a balloon. It will have 2 pierce points. An entrance and exit pierce point.

create a reverse line if the original line goes in the wrong direction.

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

When I made the line I took the points in the direction of the arc & the arc the points were taken in the direction of the line. In trying to create the point I selected pierce, the point was on the opposite of the direction of the line

Comment

You can construct a reversed line by Insert -> Feature -> Constructed -> Line..., select your line, select Reverse in the listbox.
                      AndersI
                      SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

Originally posted by AndersI View Post
                        You can construct a reversed line by Insert -> Feature -> Constructed -> Line..., select your line, select Reverse in the listbox.
                        +1

B&S CHAMELEON/PCDMIS CAD++ V2011

There are no bugs, only "UNDOCUMENTED ENHANCEMENTS!"

sigpic

Comment

Same question as in (the hijacked) thread here:
                          http://www.pcdmisforum.com/forum/pc-...e-intersection

Ariens Company - Roger and Zeros seem to share the same question.
                          PC-DMIS CAD++ 2o19 R1 SP11

Comment