• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something that big you better run it real slow
    dont want to hurt the part !
    DR Watson shut me down again !!!! :mad: Smoke break:eek:

Comment

I would think that something that big and heavy would tear the crap out of the head. And like the others said, the longer, the less accurate. If the head is only capable of 0.0002" repeatability with a 100mm extension (just an example) then at 600mm, it goes up to 0.0012". I have done things with extreme extensions before, but NOT on an indexing head. I did them with a PH1. I actually used my bridge machine as a horizontal machine with about 500mm total extension coming off the PH1 towards the front. Very heavy, but no indexing so the only error was compensated for with the calibration of the tip. You MIGHT want to calibrate the tip your are using everytime you rotate the head if you have to hold tight tolerances.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

This could be an advertisement for the PH10M or T, if it will even hold it at an angle.

A.Gore
        sigpicA.Gore

Comment

Good advice Matt!
          RFS Means Really Fussy Stuff

When all you have is a hammer - everything looks like a nail....
          sigpic

Comment

It'll run ONE program that measures 100ish holes. We'll measure everything we can with the shorter extensions, then swap em out for the more hard to reach features. 3 angle changes total on each arm. I was told it'd repeat after swapping em out. I think stacking the length, swapping em out, and rotating.. its just going to be a funky thing to get ahold of and be accurate.

Our smallest tolerance will be +/- 3mm in respect to these extensions. All I can do is test and report.
            David Monroe
            Is there any way to stop the infernal beeping!?

3.5 MR2
            Dual Arm Vento

sigpic

Comment

come on winston.........thats not like you

when I really expected one you held back
              sigpiccall me "Plum Crazy"....but you only go around once!

Comment

Well, at +/-3, I think you will be fine. ONE THING!!!!! Check and make sure that the PH head is attached TIGHT to the adapter and quill so that it won't 'pivot' on you.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by AndersI
                I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

yes even with the 300's we've had issue with that before, not loose but rotated.. having the head mounted dead square will help keep the styli from shaking out duing tipqual routines.
                  David Monroe
                  Is there any way to stop the infernal beeping!?

3.5 MR2
                  Dual Arm Vento

sigpic

Comment

Batter Up.................Dea Dual Arm now stepping up to the plate.

BS
                    Windows 7
                    Pc-Dmis 2015
                    Global Performance 7-10-7

Comment

OK, I've been working on a witty comment. Figured Winston or Matt would top me, soooooo......

"Excuse me while I whip this out!"
                      When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
                      sigpic

Comment

This is not what your doctor meant when he said "Stay away from work"

Comment

A PH9 should hold nothing longer than 200mm and a PH10 nothing more than 300mm according to you're photo you would need a PH20 ... don't think they make those yet.
                          James Temmen

There is no job so simple that it can't be done wrong.

Comment

Wanna talk about BIG ones with the PHS1 wrists we have 500 & 750mm probes, We use a 500 quite often & have used the 750's on occasion.
                            PcDmis 3.7MR4
                            1 - Vento, Dual Arm
                            2 - PCR's 1 W/36" Rotary Table
                            1 - Dual Arm 3000
                            PHS Wrists on Above Machines
                            1 - Excel W/PH-10

Comment

don't forget to duck when you do a wrist change.

Comment

Actually This type of extetion is common in the auto companys. They are usually made out of carbon fiber. The CW43 light (infinitely indexable wrist) use this type all the time. If your wrist can handle it without erroring out you should be fine.

Comment