Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reporting to Excel

Hello,

When I try to report my parts results to excel and try to define its location, it always reverts back and saves the csv file to the location at which I have the program saved?

Is there a reason as to why this is happening? There are print commands within the program, several of them, and as they are not my programs but "the motherships" I don't know what should be written in them to make this work.

It reports PDF Files perfectly.

Thanks.

Cian

saving to excel works a little different to the print commands, There will be a command in the program, something like this :

Code:
    EXTERNALCOMMAND/DISPLAY ; C:\Program Files\WAI\PC-DMIS 2012\Wizards\PCD2EXCEL.EXE A
    You have to configure where it saves to, go to File > Export > Excel

a screen should pop up, where it says to Excel, check the file path. If it is wrong press the configure button and change it your destination.

Hopefully that works, its been a while since ive actually set this up.

Comment

• nooners4
      nooners4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi BT&D,

As I do not have excel on eacch of the CMM PCs I can only output a CSV file.

Is the process the same or does it differ if I am to report a CSV?

Thanks

• bigtallanddopey
      bigtallanddopey commented
      Editing a comment
      Should be the same, there's just a tick box in there to change from excel to CSV, but I would think yours is already set to CSV. Just guessing the file name isn't correct

ASSIGN/FPATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\WAI\PC-DMIS 2012 MR1 (Release)\Hubs\HUBDATA\7547\SN_" + C4.INPUT + ".rtf"
    PRINT/REPORT,EXEC MODE=END,$
    TO_FILE=ON,OVERWRITE=FPATH,$
    TO_PRINTER=OFF,$
    TO_DMIS_REPORT=OFF,FILE_OPTION=INDEX,FILENAME=,$
    REPORT_THEORETICALS=NONE,REPORT_FEATURE_WITH_DIMEN SIONS=NO,$
    PREVIOUS_RUNS=DELETE_INSTANCES

Then go into your print/command and check rtf, that will open up in excel just fine.
    sigpic

Comment

this does not help nooners4 but using the internal excel output (starting with v2014?) excel is not needed to generate the excel fie. Excel is still needed if using the wizard to generate the output.

Comment

Originally posted by nooners4 View Post
        Hello,

When I try to report my parts results to excel and try to define its location, it always reverts back and saves the csv file to the location at which I have the program saved?

Is there a reason as to why this is happening? There are print commands within the program, several of them, and as they are not my programs but "the motherships" I don't know what should be written in them to make this work.

It reports PDF Files perfectly.

Thanks.

Cian

As I read he was just sending it to Excel and create a location to put.
        sigpic

Comment