output to text file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• output to text file

I see that I can EXPORT to a Generic File (TXT), and that works file, but how do I automate the export?
    Probitas laudatur, et alget.

sigpic
    Hang on to your butts!

Insert - File I/O Command - File Open

There you can select the text file you want to drop data into, along with reading the file, appending to the file, or writing to a brand new file.

You will then need to write to that file, so you go to Insert - File I/O Command - Writing Command - Write Line

(In FILE/WRITELINE I use assignments as the code to write to the line)

At the end of your program you will do a File Close.

Comment

bfire85, Thanks for the information. I have a mountain of data that needs to be sent to a txt file. Would I have to create variables for each type of data? That would be more work than it's worth. It seems like, if there's a quick Export window where you can name a path and click a button, there would be a quick solution to sending all the measurement data to a text file at the end of the program. Even if their was a way for the Export to Generic window to be automated open for the operator, that would be something. Am I missing something? Seems like their should be an easy solution.

sigpic
      Hang on to your butts!

Comment

Are you talking about printing the report to a text file? There is an easy solution for that.

Comment

Yes! Please share.

sigpic
          Hang on to your butts!

Comment

Type "PRINT" in the edit window at the end of your program and then press F9 key. Check the Report output check box and then enter your file path/name. You can select RTF or PDF. You can also print the file to printer if you choose.

Attached Files

Comment