2017r1 sp2 features labels not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017r1 sp2 features labels not working

I been working with tech support on and off for the last week with this issue.This is the last thing I sent them.In the past versions when you went to hide id's it would hide all id's then from that point on it would show the feature labels as you created features.Now if you have hundreds of labels I do not want to see them all I just want to see the labels from a certain point as they are created.Right now it seems to be all or nothing.I know I can turn them on by going to edit,graphic display window,feature appearance or by left clicking with mouse in the past they was automatically generated.
    They was finally able to reproduce this and it was reported to programmers as broken functionally. PCD 118517 BUILD 1179
    Last edited by dmis100; 04-19-2017, 10:24 AM.

I've had issues with labels too. I use viewsets in all of my programs and it seems in 2017 when I click show/ hide, it only shows labels that I made available in the last viewset. If I didn't make any of them available then the "show all label id's" button does nothing and becomes useless. Hopefully they'll straighten all of this out along with the quick fixture issues.

Error in best fit calculation

Comment

My issue is similar...all or nothing.

I notice different behavior in PC-DMIS 2017 vs. PC-DMIS 2016 inserting DimInfo Labels. In version 2016 I made a Feature Location of fist group of points (15

Comment

I got a answer back from tech support and this is what they proposed to do about this.

One idea we are discussing is to make the "Show Feature Label ID's" a push button.When you push it,the labels are hidden but the button pops out again indicating that new feature labels will be displayed.

They wanted to know if this would solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dmis100 View Post
          I got a answer back from tech support and this is what they proposed to do about this.

One idea we are discussing is to make the "Show Feature Label ID's" a push button.When you push it,the labels are hidden but the button pops out again indicating that new feature labels will be displayed.

They wanted to know if this would solve the problem.
          What would solve the problem is them not changing things that are not broken. Yeah, I guess it would be really hard to look at the code for a previous version that wasn't screwed up and make the new version like that, but what do I know? As for ADDING something new (which would have about a 15% chance of working) to fix something they broke, that wasn't broke before.... not a good idea IMO.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

• AndersI
            AndersI commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking at the comments to the Jira report, it seems that's exactly what has been done now (looking at previous versions and making the new work like them). It's not always easy to just "grab the old code" as lots of things may have changed for other reasons.

(Disclaimer: I'm a Hexagon employee, but I have no access to the PC-DMIS code, only to the Jira bug reporting system, but I've also spent 30 years on 'real' programming, mostly in the metrology business)