CMM startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMM startup

I am running a DEA GAMMA "or would be" I have a error light on on one of the controler boards. It's the OV T ALL light. ANY HELP???

Just guessing, but it might be the OVER TRAVEL, ALL AXIS. If you can move the machine, get it off the hard limits and try again. You may have to move it by hand, so be careful. If you have to move it by hand, apply the pressure as close to the 'hardware' as you can, meaning don't push on the leg of the bridge that is opposite of the drive unit, that could warp the machine, you would want to push on the leg that is trapped in the guide, and push right next to the drive.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

I also run a DEA GAMMA; Tutor P controller & TU01 jog box.
      Not sure what board you're talking about, but it sounds like an overlimit or over travel error. You might be telling the head to go somplace it can't reach; outside of the envelope of the machine.
      Like Matt said, you may have actually over travelled one of the axis, and may have to "help" it a bit.
      Last edited by Rick Coleman; 04-11-2006, 10:33 AM.
      sigpic:eek: Bring out the comfy chair!:eek:

Comment

If only

The machine is sitting about as near to center of all 3 axis's as it can. It's got to be something to do with the controler startup I think.

Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

I would still shut it down, try to move all of the axis a little, then restart. Just to rule out scale reading error. It sounds like the controller lost its location. Just 2cents from Ag162.

A.Gore
          sigpicA.Gore

Comment