CAD data is there, but CAD does not show up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAD data is there, but CAD does not show up.

Good morning everyone. This is for 2017 R1.

I received a program from a customer they would like us to run to qualify their parts. The issue I am having is I can not get the CAD to appear in the program.

When choosing CAD assembly the CAD is not hidden (box is checked for the cad) and no matter what I do with the transparency it does not show up. Now here's where I get confused. If I reimport the CAD model and choose "no" so it replaces the CAD that is there, but not visible the new CAD happily shows up. Then if I save the program, close it and reopen it the CAD is again gone on the screen. I'm guessing there is some extra box or menu I'm missing is keeping the CAD from being visible.

The customer has the program in 2015.0 This issue happens no matter what year of PCDMIS I save the program as.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Is it possible that the CAD is so far from the programmed features that it vanishes to a black hole when you scale to fit?

Is your cursor position at the end of the routine?

Have you tried zooming in to different areas of the screen?

Comment

Good questions.
      I have tried zooming out a bunch, zooming in a bunch and using Control Z with no results. The thing that makes me think its something I'm missing in a box or menu is because when I import the new cad it plops right onto all the points and features where it is supposed to. Of course if I save close and reopen it's gone again.

Comment

On your keyboard, hit CTRL-Z. If the CAD disappears then there is probably a feature in the program that is hugegamongous. I've seen this with circles created in the wrong work plan. They're diameter is approximately the size of Pluto's orbit around the sun and the CAD becomes very small with a feature like that on the screen.

After you've done the CTRL-Z and the CAD disappears, hide all features and all labels and then do the CTRL-Z again. If the CAD stays visible then you have a hugegamongous feature in the program, and it's probably a circle created in the wrong work plane.

Mike
        You can never tell exactly how deep a mud puddle is without getting your feet wet -- Dennis the Menice

Comment

I recall an issue with earlier versions when they first gave the ability to import in/mm into any program where an IGES file would say it imported, but didn't. Are you importing an inch model into a metric program, or vice versa?

Comment

Look and see if there is a RECALL/VIEWSET in the program, it may be recalling a saved viewset that is using an empty cad layer.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by AndersI
            I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by newaircrafthomebuilder View Post
              Good morning everyone. This is for 2017 R1.

I received a program from a customer they would like us to run to qualify their parts. The issue I am having is I can not get the CAD to appear in the program.

When choosing CAD assembly the CAD is not hidden (box is checked for the cad) and no matter what I do with the transparency it does not show up. Now here's where I get confused. If I reimport the CAD model and choose "no" so it replaces the CAD that is there, but not visible the new CAD happily shows up. Then if I save the program, close it and reopen it the CAD is again gone on the screen. I'm guessing there is some extra box or menu I'm missing is keeping the CAD from being visible.

The customer has the program in 2015.0 This issue happens no matter what year of PCDMIS I save the program as.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
              Did you receive both the .PRG and the .CAD file from the customer?

Comment

Do you have both the CAD and PRG files? If so make sure that they are named exactly the same. I had a problem with another programmer copying and renaming some programs when he edited them (after explaining to him to "save as" numerous times) but he wouldn't copy and rename the CAD file so when I opened the program the model wouldn't be there. Once I renamed the CAD file it came back.

Comment

Correct I got the CAD and .PRG file from the customer. Even when clicking on the program before opening it you can see the CAD in the preview window. I don't see an issue with the CAD PRG file names they are the same name and in the same location. I am currently combing through the program looking for the RECALL/VIEWSET in the program as I suspect that may be the correct direction to go in why I can't see the CAD.

EDIT: No RECALL/VIEWSET in the program. Only Recalls are for alignments. I can start showing you guys the code or screenshots if that helps. (If I remember the proper way to add those into the forum)
                  newaircrafthomebuilder
                  Last edited by newaircrafthomebuilder; 03-01-2017, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I've had that before and had to close out of PC-DMIS and restart. then everything was there.
                    Out of all the things I've lost.... I miss my mind the most!

Comment

Originally posted by newaircrafthomebuilder View Post
                      Correct I got the CAD and .PRG file from the customer. Even when clicking on the program before opening it you can see the CAD in the preview window. I don't see an issue with the CAD PRG file names they are the same name and in the same location. I am currently combing through the program looking for the RECALL/VIEWSET in the program as I suspect that may be the correct direction to go in why I can't see the CAD.

EDIT: No RECALL/VIEWSET in the program. Only Recalls are for alignments. I can start showing you guys the code or screenshots if that helps. (If I remember the proper way to add those into the forum)
                      What is the size of the .CAD file?

Comment

CAD file size is 21 MB.

After complete computer restart the issue still exists.

Comment

Edit > Graphics Display Window > Hide and Show Graphics, Cad Models checked?
                          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

GOT IT!!!
                            Although Edit>Graphics Display Window> CAD Assembly was checked
                            Edit> Graphics Display Window > CAD Levels was unchecked
                            Thank you very much tking! I knew I was missing something somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by tking View Post
                            Edit > Graphics Display Window > Hide and Show Graphics, Cad Models checked?
                            I just upgraded to 2017 R1 on my offline license (have not on cmm's yet). and I noticed that I had a blank spot in my toolbar (after i imported my settings and reset my toolbar arrangement).
                            My Hide and Show Graphics button is missing, its blank where it used to be.
                            and when I navigate to the Edit > Graphics Display Window > location in the menu there is no "Hide and Show Graphics" command there anymore.
                            What Gives?
                            --- I'd post an image but fr some reason it keeps telling me my jpg is invalid!!! It let me upload it on my 1st attempt, but I wasnt satisfied with it (too small) so I removed it, and tried uploading an edited version, now it wont let me upload at all.
                            Kevo_cmm
                            Ultra Senior Member
                            Last edited by Kevo_cmm; 04-13-2017, 12:31 PM.
                            "It ain't those parts of the Bible that I can't understand that bother me, it is the parts that I do understand." Mark Twain

Comment

• tking
                              tking
                              PC-DMIS demi-Guru
                              tking commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Well, back here in the stone ages it's there. Where / why / all the usual questions to the numbnuts! Maybe the help file can help you find the location?

2017 huh? Sigh.............

• Kevo_cmm
                              Kevo_cmm
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              Kevo_cmm commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Nah, the help file aint no help. It says to look in the
                              "You can also access this dialog box by selecting the Graphics Categories icon from the Graphics Modes toolbar." Graphics Categories icon is NOT in that toolbar!
                              HAH! I tried submitting feedback through the link on the help page and it bounced back
                              "Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
                              [email protected]
                              Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's e-mail provider rejected it."

update, installed 2017 R1 on one of our cmm's and the icon and menu command are missing there also
                              Kevo_cmm
                              Ultra Senior Member
                              Last edited by Kevo_cmm; 04-13-2017, 04:42 PM.