Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cad File Upside Down

Good evening,
    I am writing off-line using 2015.1. This part is a two operation part. My question is this, How do I get the probe back in z+ once I've flipped the part? Thanks!! Capture.PNG
    Darroll
    2018R2

Hi Darrolh,

"Two operation part" means will you measure features on both sides of the part? I did a quick mimic of what you are trying to do by using CAD Transform functionality and find the same below. As the probe is now in the opposite direction (z+), you can change the probe head orientation.

Click F5 to open setup options dialog.
    Navigate to Part/Machine tab.
    Under Machine section, click on the probe head orientation button to open Probe Head Wriest Angle configuration dialog.
    Change the wrist's A0B0 position points in this direction: ZPLUS.
    Probe display will be modified.
    CAD Transformed.JPG

Here is the F5 dialog.
    F5.JPG

After changing the probe head orientation.
    Final.JPG

Drop a line if I could help you with any. (Y)

P.S: This is meant for offline programming only.

Last edited by cvelisetty; 02-15-2017, 03:39 AM.
    Regards,

Krishna Chaitanya Velisetty
    Applications Test Engineer,
    PC-DMIS & Planner,
    Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence, INDIA.

Comment

• Pariah
      Pariah commented
      Editing a comment
      The first way was was cooler for measuring the undersides of parts.

• bigtallanddopey
      bigtallanddopey commented
      Editing a comment
      maybe I assumed, but I thought this was all happening in the same program. If it is, wont changing the probe orientation mess it up for the first side of the part?

If its a separate program then, yeh much easier.

You would be better off using two CAD models, putting each cad model into a separate CAD level and transforming one of them so the Z is flipped. That way your probe head will always be A0B0 and always facing Z-.

To use each CAD model separately you will have to create two viewsets and then recall each viewset when you require them

Comment

• cvelisetty
      cvelisetty commented
      Editing a comment
      Viewsets make your job easy. But if the user doesn't want to use view sets, then probably should go with CAD transforms and mirror functionalities.

That probe in the OP... Is that a drill bit?

Comment

• cvelisetty
      cvelisetty commented
      Editing a comment
      I went back and saw that. It looks like a drill bit.

Are you guys laughing at my probe bit! lmao!!!!. I see you guys talking about view sets... Could one of you explain? I fairly new to off-line programming. Thanks!!!
    Darroll
    2018R2

Comment

• Pariah
      Pariah commented
      Editing a comment
      I've personally never seen the tesa drill chuck attachment in action so..... well yes.

Import an assembly. 1 part facing "up" and one part "down". Program 1st 1/2 as any other part you do. When 1st side is completed use an operator comment to move and reload part. Now, 2nd 1/2 of program do as you would program any other part. manual align then dcc then ......

Comment

Thank you!!! I thought that was how to do it but wasn't sure. Wanted to ask you guys here. Thank you!!! I have learned a lot from this forum!!!
      Darroll
      2018R2

Comment