Installation trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation trouble

We have just downloaded V4.1 but I get an error when starting PCDMIS "Unable to open download file"
    I would think our adminstrator followed the instructions from the Wilcox site correctly.
    I know this is not much to go on. This is my first attempt in getting a download and I must admit I am ignorant where to start with this problem.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    ["Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson ][/SIGPIC]

In your previous version's folder you should find a file called downl.oad, this is what it is referring to. Also, look for a comp.dat file too and put that in the new 4.1 folder.
    sigpic

James Mannes

Comment

Maybe "downl.oad" file? Was this file copied from the previous version to current version?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesMannes View Post
        In your previous version's folder you should find a file called downl.oad, this is what it is referring to. Also, look for a comp.dat file too and put that in the new 4.1 folder.
        I think James meant COPY these files to the new 4.1 folder. Actually, it is better to copy the old install's folder, re-name it PC-DMIS V4-1 (can't use the .), and install 4.1 into that folder. Then, all your necessary files are there. There is a whole thread about the best way to install a new version here.

Comment

Thanks for the help.
          We did just as James recommended. The download opened up.
          thanks again
          ["Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson ][/SIGPIC]

Comment