X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matthew D. Hoedeman
    replied
    Originally posted by B. Jacobs View Post
    I am having some trouble here.I would like to know how to make a vector point hit in the same place more than one time. What I mean is this:
    I select vector point and tell it where to hit on the part. I want to call one of my axis(X,Y,Z) good. I want it to hit at say 2" in my Y every time. This way I know where my X is on the part. I know that the X will be different each time but I want my Y to be the same every time. How do I call the X, or Y good.

3.5MR2

Thanks
    If you are talking about the XYZ deviations not 'jiving' with what you want to hit, turn on the SNAP point, this will 'snap' the touch to the nominal vector line. If you are talking about a point with an XY vector, but you want it to hit a the specific X everytime, you will have to change the vector so that there is NO X vector. At this point, your probe comp will be wrong since you are not comping or moving in X even if it should.

Leave a comment:

• B. Jacobs
    started a topic Vector Points

Vector Points

I am having some trouble here.I would like to know how to make a vector point hit in the same place more than one time. What I mean is this:
    I select vector point and tell it where to hit on the part. I want to call one of my axis(X,Y,Z) good. I want it to hit at say 2" in my Y every time. This way I know where my X is on the part. I know that the X will be different each time but I want my Y to be the same every time. How do I call the X, or Y good.

3.5MR2

Thanks