Preview Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preview Window

When you go file - open there is a preview section of the window that shows the view which would open in the graphics display window. Does anyone know why this shows a preview for some programs and not others? I thought maybe it was the version used to write the program or maybe time since last run or something. I can find nothing to give me a clue. A program I wrote yesteday won't show a preview but one that is 2 years old (definitely written on a different version hasn't been run on the current version either) will. A program I ran this morning won't preview but that 2 year old one that hasn't been run in at least a year will!?

The reason I ask is because I know I wrote a program for measuring hole (more like a slot but...) into which a switch is installed. Now, I have a different part with the same switch hole. I can't remember the program name. It would be simple to "scroll" through the programs looking at the preview (I know I would recognize it). Unfortunately, the program seems to be one which does not show a preview.

I really don't want to re-write this program!

Another Idea

I just had another idea about how I may be able to find the program.

Is there any way to tell which programs a particular probe is used for? I know which probe the program uses and there aren't very many programs which would use that particular build.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck View Post
      I just had another idea about how I may be able to find the program.

Is there any way to tell which programs a particular probe is used for? I know which probe the program uses and there aren't very many programs which would use that particular build.
      That would be hard to say since programs can be stored in many places. But I could see a custom app that does that - given the path to look in.
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Go to open, and click the icon at upper right - select details. Arrow over to date modified. Click on date modified twice and you will be sorted by date with the most recent programs at the top.

Comment