Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about CAD=PART

Good morning guru's.

Do you guys use CAD=PART after doing an alignment using the CAD model?
    I read some where that I should not use CAD=PART but can not find that post.

Another question that you guys might answer.

I have been using 3-2-1 to align parts but now notice that it will not work all the time. When I went to the PCDMIS class we did not go over "iterative alignment". We were only showed "3-2-1 alignments".

I searched the Wilcox website and found a tutorial on "iterative alignment", but I am still confuse. Was wondering if somebody has more information on how to use "iterative alignment"? Like an example part program using "iterative alignment". Or another tutorial on "iterative alignment" somewhere on the web? I am new to all this so sorry if these questions are newbie questions.
    Starrett 4040-24
    Renishaw PH10M head
    Renishaw TP200
    PC-DMIS CAD++ 4.2!!! crashed my probe into the table
    Moving on to 4.2mr1

99.9% of the time I use iterative alignments. Just do a search for iterative alignments. You will find tons of information on here for them...
    sigpic
    Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
    PCDMIS 2012
    Windows Office XP

Comment

Originally posted by eg92b16a2 View Post
      Good morning guru's.

Do you guys use CAD=PART after doing an alignment using the CAD model?
      I read some where that I should not use CAD=PART but can not find that post.

Another question that you guys might answer.

I have been using 3-2-1 to align parts but now notice that it will not work all the time. When I went to the PCDMIS class we did not go over "iterative alignment". We were only showed "3-2-1 alignments".

I searched the Wilcox website and found a tutorial on "iterative alignment", but I am still confuse. Was wondering if somebody has more information on how to use "iterative alignment"? Like an example part program using "iterative alignment". Or another tutorial on "iterative alignment" somewhere on the web? I am new to all this so sorry if these questions are newbie questions.
      Don't be sorry, here you will find people always willing to help.

How do you do create your alignments? By clicking on the cad model on the screen or you physically beep on the part? If the second one, than you need to do Cad=part after manual alignment.

Iterative alignment is an excellent option, but 3-2-1 should work fine if properly done. What kind of parts do you measure?. I use iteratives only when the part is a complex 3D shape.
      sigpicIt's corona time!
      737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment

First of everything, I ask for excuses for my bad English. I am Spanish and though I have studied something, but have never practised.
        I go time trying to do the CAD=PART and I am not capable of obtaining it. Due to the fact that I must measure pieces of production constant, the alignment iterative me is not a practical solution.
        To align manually I use a point and a circle. According to Roberto, from here I must do CAD=PART, but: after DCC and in a new alignment? With that elements, with the same ones that in the manual alignment?. Besides, first it will have put of some form CAD's coordinates, as those of the piece in the machine, according to PCDMIS's help, if you do not have it orientated equally. These steps, I have done and not obtained the awaited results. I suppose that I will not have done everything correctly or will have skipped a step.
        Could someone me explains which is the trick to obtain the correct results please. Smoke of the head goes out for me already.
        Serx
        PCDmis 3.5MR2 ;) &:confused:

BCN (Spain)

Comment

Originally posted by Sergi Escolà View Post
          To align manually I use a point and a circle. According to Roberto, from here I must do CAD=PART, but: after DCC and in a new alignment? With that elements, with the same ones that in the manual alignment?. Besides, first it will have put of some form CAD's coordinates, as those of the piece in the machine, according to PCDMIS's help, if you do not have it orientated equally. These steps, I have done and not obtained the awaited results. I suppose that I will not have done everything correctly or will have skipped a step.
          Could someone me explains which is the trick to obtain the correct results please. Smoke of the head goes out for me already.
          A point and a circle are not enough for constructing an alignment. For 3-2-1 you need a plane to level, a line to rotate and a point (or circle).
          Even when you have these elements "don't do CAD=PART" yet. Is the origin on your program same as your Cad? Then you may need to offset the part origin to the location of the Cad. (X, Y or Z).
          Once satisfied that Part equals Cad origin. Click on CAD=PART.
          Look at the screen, your elements merged to Cad file.
          Then go on DCC mode and check new features for the DCC alignment...you are ready to go!!!!!!
          sigpicIt's corona time!
          737 Xcel Cad++ v2009MR1....SE HABLA ESPAÑOL

Comment