amplitude error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amplitude error

Getting an amplitude error on y axis, always in same spot cleaned scales blew out dust was wanting to know does anyone know the setting for reader distance from tape. I know there is a gage don't have one want to get it made thanks
    sigpic
    3.7 MR4

I have had the same error message come up once ever now and the i just shutdown restart . ive also cleaned the scales we do weekly anyways would like to know the cause of this error

Comment

Your sine wave off the encoder is not comming through strong enough. On some (mostly older) machines it is the encoder gap but it can be anything that interferes with a good signal including a crooked encoder. Possibly even a bad one, and yes dirty scales.

As far as the gap goes you can set it up with a feeler gage and tune it in with a osciliscope. What gap you need is manufacturer recommended. Best bet is to get a local service guy or your maintenance guy if he is astute enough to do it. Service guys are busy and probably wouldn't mind showing you how to do this in the future as it is easy money but not a lot of money.
      <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

I am the maintance guy, I wear all the hats here. In my previous job I worked with a service guy refurbishing a psm we installed new scales and readers he gave me a gage to set readers it comes with readers couldn,t remember what the size was I guess i will have to feeler check other readers to see proper gap. thanks just thought sombody would know got go stopped again.
        sigpic
        3.7 MR4

Comment

On an old starrett i ran i used a sheet of notebook paper to set the gap.
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Talked to service guy told me it was point .8 mill told me how to set had to switch machines order do out this afternoon get to it later looks like a saturday:
            sigpic
            3.7 MR4

Comment

If you've had it calibrated recently they need to come fix it at no charge. Call them. Oh, ohly if the calibration was done by the manufacturer of the machine.
              sigpic
              Global Advantage 12-22-10
              TESASTAR M SP25 4.3mr2

Comment

The glass scale is dirty or worn. Dont clean the scale with acetone.
                sigpic
                A proud Vietnam Veteran. 1973-1974

Comment