e_stop_relay message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_stop_relay message

Running Brown & Sharpe / Global / pc-dmis 3.7 /I had a small probe carsh.and a message of ( ok/ shtdown) pop up/ after shutdown, tried to turn on the machine, START run normal, but when trying to start machine from joy box start botton , the green light in PHC10-2 clicked just for two seconds and gos away,
    called technical support to do in houose investigate on cmm, the test was coming up with ( e_stop_relay).
    machine was tested with all new :NEW PHC10-2 & PHC9/NEW PHC10 / NEW JOY BOX/ NEW RENISHOW HEAD/ TP20 WAS REPLACED WITH TP2/
    and still same problem machine not working ,with same error message when tested,

Do you have any ideas on what problem could be,
    Please, advise,

Thank you all in advance,

Did they have you shut down everything even the control box and probe head controller? other then that no clue
    sigpic
    if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

Is the head seated? If it un-seated itself, you may have to use the hand controller, hit any of the movement buttons and it will (should) re-seat itself.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by A Disho View Post
        Running Brown & Sharpe / Global / pc-dmis 3.7 /I had a small probe carsh.and a message of ( ok/ shtdown) pop up/ after shutdown, tried to turn on the machine, START run normal, but when trying to start machine from joy box start botton , the green light in PHC10-2 clicked just for two seconds and gos away,
        called technical support to do in houose investigate on cmm, the test was coming up with ( e_stop_relay).
        machine was tested with all new :NEW PHC10-2 & PHC9/NEW PHC10 / NEW JOY BOX/ NEW RENISHOW HEAD/ TP20 WAS REPLACED WITH TP2/
        and still same problem machine not working ,with same error message when tested,

Do you have any ideas on what problem could be,
        Please, advise,

Thank you all in advance,
        I am understanding you correctly, tech support said to try a different phc10-2, a new jog box, then an new head and a new probe. Did you do all of this and still get the problem? I am running a program right now. As soon as it is done, I am going to try and expirement and get back to you.

Comment

Ya never know but here goes, is the Estop on the jog box pressed?

Bill

Comment

e_stop_relay message

Thank you all

T-miller, YES,
            Matthew, head is seated
            Bill, E stop on jog box was not pressed,

Palese, I am still waiting for your help.

Thanks

Comment

OK, my little test didn't tell me anything. Two things for you to consider.

1)The electrical part of the e-stop switch is seperate from the mechanical part. I had the two pop apart inside the jog box. Mine popped so that the e-stop button did nothing. Maybe yours popped so that the electrical switch is turned off but the mechanical isn't. If you remove the screws on the back of the jog box you can check to see if the two parts are snapped together.

2)I had the power switch on my PHC10-2 go bad. I never ever turned it on and off but it went bad anyway. I guess the power switch is more than just a switch. There is also a fuse built into the switch but since you say you are getting lights, the fuse is probably good but worth a check. If you follow the power cord back from the PHC10-2 you will find it goes to another box labeled "phc9/phc10". This box is a relay which provides power to the PHC10-2 when the machine's controller is turned on. My test earlier was to see if this relay has anything to do with the e-stop - it doesn't. You can bypass this relay by plugging the PHC10-2 directly into the power source. Then, see if your PHC10-2 will stay on. If it doesn't proceed as below. The relay saves you from having to turn on multiple switches. It also ensures that the probe head will not rotate until you do a machine start. Before bypassing the relay, make sure your head is in a safe location so if it rotates it won't hit anything.

If you are feeling handy and not afraid or if you have an electrical engineer handy, check the power switch. It has two screws which hold it into the PHC10-2. If you remove them, the switch will pull out and you can check with a voltmeter on the back of the switch to make sure power is getting through the switch. If it is not, you most likely have a bad switch. Here is a link to the people I got my replacement switch from. Your switch will most likely have a model number on it. Make sure it matches.

I am not saying that this is your problem but only telling you my experience.

These are only suggestions. Any diagnosis or work you do is at your own risk!
              Last edited by #2#; 03-01-2007, 11:51 AM.

Comment

e-stop-relay message

thank you forreplaying back,
                1-as you see from above that the jog box was replaced with new one tech support guy brought with him and machine was tested with it , same error.

2-tech support has done the same test by eliminating PHC9/PHC10 small box,with direct connection of the power cord to the PHC10-2 , we had two green lights of opower on & head ready on PHC10-2 and also red light on the PH10MQ WERE ALL ON, but can not press machine start from jog box for homing. or when pressing this botton nothing happened.

3- I see that when the lights on PHC10-2 become ON when ELEMINATING the PHC9/PHC10 , means that the power coming ok in PHC10-2.

AGAIN THANK YOU , ALL
                Please, need more help.

Comment

Well, if you have had B&S techies in there and THEY can't get the machine going, I really don't know what any of us will be able to do about it.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by AndersI
                  I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by A Disho View Post
                    thank you forreplaying back,
                    1-as you see from above that the jog box was replaced with new one tech support guy brought with him and machine was tested with it , same error.

2-tech support has done the same test by eliminating PHC9/PHC10 small box,with direct connection of the power cord to the PHC10-2 , we had two green lights of opower on & head ready on PHC10-2 and also red light on the PH10MQ WERE ALL ON, but can not press machine start from jog box for homing. or when pressing this botton nothing happened.

3- I see that when the lights on PHC10-2 become ON when ELEMINATING the PHC9/PHC10 , means that the power coming ok in PHC10-2.

AGAIN THANK YOU , ALL
                    Please, need more help.

You need to get someone else in your company involved. In the past if B&S tried giving me the run around thats what i'd do...Someone higher up the food chain.
                    sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Ok, I wasn't sure if you had indeed tried replacing the jogbox etc.

It sounds to me like you have eliminated everything but the CMM's controller.

Sorry I couldn't help.

Comment

Did they say if they are going to try anything else or even hint at what it may be.
                        sigpic
                        if you had soap on a rope it would be tied to yer ankle

Comment

HyperTerminal?

try to connect to the controller via HyperTerminal. from the main menu , check the status , you may see proper error code/msg ; then go to Wrist sub menu and try to set the head to any angle.

HTH
                          Saliha
                          sigpic
                          Either seem as you are or be as you seem.M.J.Rumi

Comment