Surface profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface profile

Hi. Have PC-DMIS 3.5 Rel 2 with a Brown & Sharpe GAGE 2000 manual CMM. I have a part to measure, have one plane, two circles which are datums. My ? is that I have a surface profile callout of a surface around the circles. How can I workout this? I checked the Help and do not address my issue. All that I obtained is 0.0000

Thanks.

How many hits are you using to construct the plane? If only three, profile will always be perfect. Try eight hits for your plane.

HTH
    v2013 MR1, v2015.1
    B&S Global 544, 555
    Mitutoyo A504 w/PC-DMIS

sigpic
    Since 1994

Never force anything. Get a bigger hammer.
    (Advice from my dad.)

Comment

The surface profile callout is .040 to a curved surface of a .220 radius. There is no possible plane callout on that surface.

Comment

Can you post a screen dump of the CAD model? Unless you have CAD it is going to be difficult to check the profile of the radii. I am assuming that all of your features are normal to the Z plus axis.
        Kevin

Comment

Yes all features are normal to Z axis. About the CAD, how I can do that from the machine, or the CAD is something I have to bring from outside?

Comment

Originally posted by dishbear View Post
            Yes all features are normal to Z axis. About the CAD, how I can do that from the machine, or the CAD is something I have to bring from outside?
            Normaly when reporting surface profile you need CAD to establish the nomianls, unless it is a profile with a basic dimension on a linear distance. You pick the points off of the CAD models to get the nominals and I usually use the T value to report the profile. This will be difficult using a manual machine since the points need to be taken as close to the nomnal position that was picked to CAD. If you have CAD and need additional help PM and I will give you my e-mail.
            Kevin

Comment