T Values On Manual Cmm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Values On Manual Cmm

We have some concerns regarding executing a program created from cad. (1) Main concern is executing program closely enough in relation to how the hits were taken in cad after all ,we only have a manual machine). We have found that if we don’t take hits close enough from the cad to the master we get a message that says we are out of toll. But other times it will send you backwards in the program or also has added an extra point into the program. Is there a tolerance zone that we have to stay within. This quite difficult with a manual machine. Question is - can we realistically incorporate cad into a manual machine? (2) Do we have to be off-line when programming from cad? (3) Last but not least, is there a sequence that we must follow when creating program, ( example, when we probe entire cad and then execute program on master our t values are ranging .030 to .060 dev. But when we probe a cad surface and then executed that surface right after on master it seems to come out with more accurate results. Bottom line we don’t trust our numbers. Please advise.

Thank you

Trevor

What I would suggest for using a manual CMM is that you turn on FIND NOMS DURING EXECUTION. Then, no matter where you touch, it will try to find new CAD nominals as close to the touch you make as it can. HOWEVER, as time goes by, you will more than likely drift further and further and further from the original locations since there is no way you CAN reaelly hit the right spot manually.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
      What I would suggest for using a manual CMM is that you turn on FIND NOMS DURING EXECUTION. Then, no matter where you touch, it will try to find new CAD nominals as close to the touch you make as it can. HOWEVER, as time goes by, you will more than likely drift further and further and further from the original locations since there is no way you CAN reaelly hit the right spot manually.
      Hmmm. I never would have thought of that one Matt. I'll have to pass that information along to one of our guys who operates our Cordax 1808. He probably won't have a clue what I am referring to though...
      sigpic
      Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
      PCDMIS 2012
      Windows Office XP

Comment

My sugestion would be to go back to version 3.5 mr3, I had the same problems and many more with our manual when I went to version 4.1 & 4.2
        As far as I'm concerned these versions are a piece of crap for a manual machine.

Comment

Don't you mean 3.7MR3?
          sigpic
          Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment