Symmetry-lines relative to each other.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symmetry-lines relative to each other.

I'm having kind of headache with this.
    It's a cylinder with 8 slots at the end, positioned to Datum B (outer cylinder) by 0,05, and relative to each other by 0,05.
    I'm ok with creating symmetry-lines out of the slots, aligning along them and then use Exact measure in one axis, one at a time.
    My dilemma is if there is a way to get a result relative to each other.
    Skärmklipp.jpg
    Attached Files

I hardly use Exact measure myself but I would do it like this.

measure the bottom rad in each slot and to a true position on them. Them create a centreline on each slot and check the angle between each other

Comment

I can see your point. But my problem is the direction of the slot. I have to catch the deviation of it to the center of the cylinder.
      It happens in the lathe when milling, that it doesn't get the direction just right to the center of the spindle.

Comment

ok intersect the lines on the slot with the cylinder ( insure is intersected on the right side ) then do symmetry point between the 2 intersections then do true position on that point and that should tell you if the slot position is correct.

Comment

I'll try that when I have a detail to measure on to see if it looks right.
          It sounds like it could work.
          Thanks for now.

Comment

You need to do a best fit alignment for get the composite position value. Doing an angle value from one slot to the next is not the correct way to go, its a positional tolerance and the angle is basic. I think I would actually dimension the center of the RAD this way and then do the same thing with the width portion of the slot by using finding the centerlines of the widths.

Comment

Why not let XactMeasure do all the lines as a group?
              AndersI
              SW support - Hexagon Metrology Nordic AB

Comment

The problem is to get the direction of the lines. The lack of a diameter-sign means that the position only is valid in one direction.
                Measuring them one by one is no problem. The hard one is to measure them relative to each other.
                Last edited by Ohmas; 11-22-2016, 07:01 AM.

Comment