Importing a CAD Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a CAD Model

I would like to import cad models with fixturing into my older programs.
    can someone tell me the best way to get the model aligned with the program?
    I am using 4.1 cad++ (offline)
    I use rayco fixture builder to create an iges file.
    this works very well creating a new program.
    try as i might i can not get the cad to align with an older program (programed online).
    any help on this would be great.

Well, it tells me one of 2 things:

1) The cad data you are importing isn't in the same position as your program

OR

2) You didn't do a CAD=PART in your alignment. Check this by going to OPERATIONS ~ GRAPHICS DISPLAY WINDOW and see if CAD EQUALS PART has a check mark next to it. Back-up your program, then click on CAD EQUALS PART and if the fixture cad is in the same position as your program, they should over-lay perfectly.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Thanks Mat
      that worked on the first one only a couple of hundred left to try.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Vikingroovin
        working with Cad Models
        by Vikingroovin
        is it possible to Pre program a part offline from a cad model and then match that program up to a fixture cad model at a later date?
        10-22-2015, 04:02 PM
      • luciano
        Cad position
        by luciano
        I have dificulties to put my CAD model on the plate , when I import CAD model and I have arleady teo CAD file on PC_DMIS , I try to put in position but...
        05-13-2013, 09:23 AM
      • Lepage
        CAD part and clamp files
        by Lepage
        Hello everyone,
        does any one know how to go about coupling a CAD model of a clamp device together with a part CAD model in PCDMIS to where one...
        04-11-2007, 03:25 PM
      • oddam
        cad in prgram twice
        by oddam
        I am checking a check fixture that came in, this fixture has three stations to check the part. I already measured the main station using the customer...
        10-15-2014, 10:03 AM
      • Amdgk
        Exporting CAD data
        by Amdgk
        Hi Guys,

A job that I already have a program for has just been changed and the customer has provided us with new CAD data with the alterations...
        02-16-2012, 06:14 AM
      Working...
      X