Need Lots Of Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Lots Of Help

I was just given a Cordax 1808 MEA and told to set it up and figure out how to work it. The machine was used, supposedly works, comes with a box on a pole with a visual display that is also made by Gidding & Lewis as well as a computer with a "teach program". I have no manuals and no in structions. Does anyone know where toi find a manual(s)? The display shows only zeros.
    Any Help would be appreciated.

We are going to need lots of help on this one. Any markings on the units such as model numbers etc would be a good start. You are in deep and asking a lot. What ever details you can give will be to your advantage.
    <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

manual or DCC
      Where are you located?
      What kind of computer was hooked to it? Model/brand
      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

It's about time that you came out to play, today, Craiger.

Yeah, he's right. You might want to contact the mfg. to get manuals. If your boss tells you no, tell him that they will be a requirement to using the machine in ANY possible way and that you will also need manuals for the software. If it is using Pcdmis, that shouldn't be a problem.
        sigpic
        Originally posted by AndersI
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Carguy View Post
          I was just given a Cordax 1808 MEA and told to set it up and figure out how to work it. The machine was used, supposedly works, comes with a box on a pole with a visual display that is also made by Gidding & Lewis as well as a computer with a "teach program". I have no manuals and no in structions. Does anyone know where toi find a manual(s)? The display shows only zeros.
          Any Help would be appreciated.

Man...I feel for you.....my advise is get a dancer for the pole & start drinking....heavely........good luck
          sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

It is Giddings & Lewis Sheffield Cordax 1808 CMM built in 1988, the display box is says Giddings & Lewis model number 58006619. The computer is a pentium II and has CMM Self Teach Software V 3. Right now I am just trying to get the display to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Carguy View Post
              It is Giddings & Lewis Sheffield Cordax 1808 CMM built in 1988, the display box is says Giddings & Lewis model number 58006619. The computer is a pentium II and has CMM Self Teach Software V 3. Right now I am just trying to get the display to work.
              DCC or Manual?

Does the cable from the DRO hook up to the PC's serial port or to a card in one of the slots?

Comment

That sounds like a Helmel software. I would have thought OFI/FLB software.

Comment

To get the display to show other than zeros you may need to home the machine and here is where knowing manual or DCC machine type would be good. If memory serves me (that's push'in it!) home is X to the left, Y to the front, and Z up. Give that a try, eh?

TK
                  sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

MEA would require homing, but he said "only shows zeros", wouldnt it show "Set Zero" in the Z display if it was waiting for a good homing....

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                      MEA would require homing, but he said "only shows zeros", wouldnt it show "Set Zero" in the Z display if it was waiting for a good homing....
                      I think you're right, yup, that was hoping for too much from the old memory nut.

TK
                      sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

its the beer

Originally posted by tking View Post
                        I think you're right, yup, that was hoping for too much from the old memory nut.

TK
                        Memory
                        Do ya think it might be that big tin can next to ya.
                        ---
                        Sorry couldn't resist

Comment

Originally posted by Randy P View Post
                          Memory
                          Do ya think it might be that big tin can next to ya.
                          ---
                          Sorry couldn't resist

Probably where it went

TK
                          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

carguy better get back here or this thread is history...

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                              carguy better get back here or this thread is history...
                              BEER !

EOT

TK
                              sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment