Degrees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Degrees

How do I go about using instead of 0-360degrees I would like to use 0-180degrees to match the CNC machine but it seems like when I put a -value for nominal the actual is positive and the vise versa, Feels like I'm chasing my tail.....There's got to be a simple solution for this.......
    sigpic

Try to click F5 Setup Options, >Dimension - there you should find:Angle Degrees.
    sigpiclearn to fly, fly to live, or die...

Comment

I need some help gentlemen, fighting this is driving me insane....
      sigpic

Comment

F5, Dimensions Tab, lower right corner allows you to select angles - 0 to 360 or 0 +/-180

Is that what you are looking for?

Otherwise you will need to be more descriptive of what is not working.
        Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Change the angle from (TRUE) to (COMPLEMENT) to get the complementary angle...

DIM 1_146= 2D ANGLE (TRUE) FROM LINE 46_1 TO ZAXIS ,$
          GRAPH=OFF TEXT=OFF MULT=10.00 OUTPUT=BOTH
          AX NOMINAL +TOL -TOL MEAS DEV OUTTOL
          A 135.000 1.000 1.000 134.934 -0.066 0.000 ----#----

DIM 1_146= 2D ANGLE (COMPLEMENT) FROM LINE 46_1 TO ZAXIS ,$
          GRAPH=OFF TEXT=OFF MULT=10.00 OUTPUT=BOTH
          AX NOMINAL +TOL -TOL MEAS DEV OUTTOL
          A 45.000 1.000 1.000 45.066 0.066 0.000 ----#----
          sigpic
          Xcel 15-20-10 - PFXcel 7-6-5 - Merlin 11-11-7 - Romer Absolute 7525SI
          PCDMIS 2012
          Windows Office XP

Comment

Very sorry guys, did not explain myself to good I was talking about a bolthole pattern of 6 circlres with one in the center, created the rotation from the center hole to the 3 Oclock hole so when I called out the 3 Oclock hole in polar the PR is 2" and PA is 0 but when I callout the 9 Oclock hole the PR is 2" and the PA is 180 So far no probem I could use the 360 degree default under
            f5 but then it would not match the CNC. So when using the 0-180 default that's when the problem starts. So now when I call out the 9 Oclock hole with the nominal 180 the 1st time I ran it, it came out fine +179.9976 but the 2nd time I ran it the measured -179.9987 so now I'm 180 degrees off. So then I changed the nominal to -180 now the parts positive. (HMMMMMMMMM) Called tech support and they said that in 3.7mr2 that was a problem so they told to download 3.7mr3 which had the fix. So I will let you all know...... Also since I live in a rural area in Georgia and just now getting DSL I bought a compter and now have one at home...Maybe that a scary thought.....
            sigpic

Comment

You are talking about .0037º difference. I dont see the problem. The hole is showing up above centerline one time and below centerline the other time. You need to use 0 to 360 if it bothers you that much.

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
                You are talking about .0037º difference. I dont see the problem. The hole is showing up above centerline one time and below centerline the other time. You need to use 0 to 360 if it bothers you that much.
                You are correct, I could use 0-360º, but then the "operators" would have to do calculations because their machine uses 0-180º, and Lord knows how them operator are. Also it happen on 0-360º when I cross back in forth across the centerline. One time .0039, next time 359.997so then also is my nominal wrong if it is 0.
                Last edited by AuRules; 02-28-2007, 07:41 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

OK, I think that I am following you, but if dont want 0 to 360º(because you dont want a number over 180º), and you dont want 0º +/-180º because it gives you a negative number(your operators cant use a negative angle), can you explain "more-better" how you would like the results to look for the various possible scenarios. ie you say that you can only go 0-180 on the machine - how do you want that displayed for an angle that is 182º (or -178º).

It sounds like you are looking for a non-standard depiction of an angle reading, this will require either a script or logic in the part program to create the depiction that you want.

Comment

What I think he is saying is that the same angle, 180, reports sometimes as -180 and sometimes as +180, for the same feature measured. Then, sometimes you will get 180.012 and the next time you get -179.988, all depending on 'which direction' Pcdmis goes from the 0, clockwise or counter-clockwise, to get to the angle.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by AndersI
                    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment