Need help with Gage R&R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Gage R&R

Thanks for taking some time here to answer my questions.

Here is my problem.

I've been charged with doing a Gage R&R on a Part using a CMM and a fixture.

I've been asked to do a 3-10-3 and return the results using Datapage.

I understand all of the trace fields and how to use them except the "Trial Field"

Do I need to make a New trace field for each of the three measurements in order for Datapage to work properly?

I'm not very good with Datapage and this is the first R&R I've had to do so any help is appreciate.

Thank you,

Kaji
    Did this post solve your problem? Let everyone know and help future users out!

10 parts, 3 trials, 3 operators.

Use 3 tracefileds:
    Operator
    Trial
    Sample

Values will need to be correctly enter for each of thes 3 fields each time the program is run. You SHOULD run it in this order (and you really don't need to use more than 5 samples, really):

O1-T1-S1
    O1-T1-S2
    O1-T1-S3
    O1-T1-S4
    O1-T1-S5

O1-T2-S1
    O1-T2-S2
    O1-T2-S3
    O1-T2-S4
    O1-T2-S5

O1-T3-S1
    O1-T3-S2
    O1-T3-S3
    O1-T3-S4
    O1-T3-S5

O2-T1-S1
    O2-T1-S2
    O2-T1-S3
    O2-T1-S4
    O2-T1-S5

O2-T2-S1
    O2-T2-S2
    O2-T2-S3
    O2-T2-S4
    O2-T2-S5

O2-T3-S1
    O2-T3-S2
    O2-T3-S3
    O2-T3-S4
    O2-T3-S5

O3-T1-S1
    O3-T1-S2
    O3-T1-S3
    O3-T1-S4
    O3-T1-S5

O3-T2-S1
    O3-T2-S2
    O3-T2-S3
    O3-T2-S4
    O3-T2-S5

O3-T3-S1
    O3-T3-S2
    O3-T3-S3
    O3-T3-S4
    O3-T3-S5

Use numbers for the operators, not names (it will be easier).
    ALL the trace fields MUST be correct or Datapage will NOT calculate the R&R for you. If even 1 is incorrect, it will not work. Also, GR&R is an add-on to Datapage, do you actually HAVE the GR&R package?

EDIT" The tracefields HAVE to be after the STAT command in the program or they will not show up in Datapage.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

So I think that there may have been some confusion as far as what they want.

So from what I gather the trial field is basically another whole run of the Gage R&R and not just a specific measurement on the part.

Like I said this is my first time dealing with Gage R&R. We want 3 operators, 10 parts and 3 points measured (maybe 3 points they could be after just 1 for some basic data).

Would this only need to be 1 trial if I have 3 differen't point locations?

Also, I do have the GR&R package for Datapage.

Of course sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaji Ryoji View Post
        So I think that there may have been some confusion as far as what they want.

So from what I gather the trial field is basically another whole run of the Gage R&R and not just a specific measurement on the part.

Like I said this is my first time dealing with Gage R&R. We want 3 operators, 10 parts and 3 points measured (maybe 3 points they could be after just 1 for some basic data).

Would this only need to be 1 trial if I have 3 differen't point locations?

Also, I do have the GR&R package for Datapage.

Of course sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject.

A Gage R&R is 2 (or 3) operators, checking 5 to 10 parts, 3 times each. The 3-10-3 (or 10-3-3 more commonly) is 10 samples (parts), 3 operators (people), 3 trials (checking the same part, 3 times), NOT 3 check points. 3 check points is a little thin for a Gage R&R. You should be checking a minimum of 6 points (IMO) for a small part, 2 in each major vector axis (2 with mostly X vector, 2 with mostly Y vector, 2 with mostly Z vector) and these should be as far from the locators as possible. Don't do a 'Z' point above a 'Z' net, in other words.

1) Calibrate the TIPS
        2) Align the fixture
        3) Operator #1, checking all the parts, all the points, 3 times each, in order, 1,2,3,4,5 then 1,2,3,4,5 then 1,2,3,4,5
        4) Same for operator #2
        5) Same for operaotr #3

so, for a 10-3-3, you will end up having a total of 270 checks of ALL points in the study. 10 parts, 3 times each, 3 operators each. Each operator will load the fixture 90 times. Each operator will check the same part 3 times (trials).
        sigpic
        I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

For those that don't have the GR&R add-on to datapage there is some good freewere available here ...

http://www.symphonytech.com

t.
          Global Image 555
          PH10M-TP200
          PC-DMIS Cad ++
          Win7 64 bit
          V2014.1

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew D. Hoedeman View Post
            so, for a 10-3-3, you will end up having a total of 270 checks of ALL points in the study. 10 parts, 3 times each, 3 operators each. Each operator will load the fixture 90 times. Each operator will check the same part 3 times (trials).
            Matt, check your math....
            Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Originally posted by cmmguy View Post
              Matt, check your math....
              DANG! One too many X3 in that, ain't there?
              sigpic

Comment

Just an update.

I think I have it under control. I'm working on finishing the data for my 3 trials then I am going to get a few more operators involved to do the other trials.

For the most part the GR&R report input looks pretty straight forward. Even if that doesn't pan out I've got other GR&R software that will do what I need.

Thanks again.

Kaji

Comment