Looping W/ Alignments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looping W/ Alignments

Want to know if I measure a plane and then 2 circles and create a alignment in manual mode, then start a loop, remeasure the same features and create a alignment in dcc mode, end loop. When this loops around to remeasure the dcc features again does the alignment get any better or does it recall last alignment which is the manual. I hope there's a setting that will let me use the last dcc alignment so when it mesaure it again it works off the first dcc alignment for improved accuracy.

Thanks ahead for the help.
    sigpic

Originally posted by AuRules View Post
    Want to know if I measure a plane and then 2 circles and create a alignment in manual mode, then start a loop, remeasure the same features and create a alignment in dcc mode, end loop. When this loops around to remeasure the dcc features again does the alignment get any better or does it recall last alignment which is the manual. I hope there's a setting that will let me use the last dcc alignment so when it mesaure it again it works off the first dcc alignment for improved accuracy.

Thanks ahead for the help.
    When you loop, it will go back to the manual alignment data. UNLESS, you do this: After the DCC alignment, save it to a file, then go abck to BEFORE the DCC alignment features, AFTER the manual alignment and recall the saved alignment file. Of course, I do not know what this will do or if it will work. However, if you do an iterative alignment (i hates them, my precious!), you can have it measure all always and it will measure the DCC alignment features twice and make the alignment, every time. I don't know how much 'better' you can make the alignment at that point.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by AndersI
    I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Matt,

Your 1st method will work fine, it has for me many times.

TK
      sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

I belive saving the alignment will hose you because there must be one saved or you'll have problems. Plus on the first run of the loop it will pick up a previous save which could be from a past run where the part/fixture was in a different location.

Possibly you could save your manual alignment as the same name so you'll have an intial alignment at the beginning of your loop and then the DCC would save on top of that. Might not be a bad idea.
        <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Manual align and save.
          Loop start.
          Recall align.
          DCC align and save (same name).
          Loop end.

TK
          sigpicHave a homebrew

Comment

Originally posted by tking View Post
            Manual align and save.
            Loop start.
            Recall align.
            DCC align and save (same name).
            Loop end.

TK
            Yes that is what I meant. The manual align will need to be saved as same name first then overwrite with DCC. If you don't save manual align first you'll be hosed.
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment