Best way to use a knuckle in probe build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to use a knuckle in probe build.

I need to measure some features on the bottom of my part. I have a M2 knuckle in my inventory that I would like to use. I am running PC-DMIs 2015. My probe build is PH10MQ 140mm to 8 mm converter tp20 40mm extension knuckle (set to 90 degrees pointing to z+ when angle s A90B90) 2x20 styli. I can get it to calibrate to within .006mm. I use a B*( calibration sphere (two 19mm spheres on a 45 degree shaft.) I calibrate and run the program with a regular straight styli then switch to the knuckle to measure the bottom. My results are way off (over 2mm). How do I fix this?
    2009mr1/4.2 mr1
    B&S EXCEL 9-15-9
    WIN2K

Are you measuring the bottom with the head at A0Bxx? If you are, and you do not have a 6-way TP20, then that is likely the cause. Basically, you are trying to trigger the probe by pulling on it, which the regular TP20 isn't designed for. You need to come at it from an angle, or get a 6-way TP20.
    "This is my word... and as such is beyond contestation."

Comment

I have a 6-way that I can try. I'll let you know as soon as I get a chance to do it.
      2009mr1/4.2 mr1
      B&S EXCEL 9-15-9
      WIN2K

Comment

I would suspect that you're not locating the calibration sphere with the master probe before you calibrate the knuckle so your relation is not correct.
        Systems Integrator
        Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence

Comment