Cad data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cad data

If I already have a part programed. will i be able to import the 3d cad model (iges format). in to my existing program. pcdmis 3.7mr3 cad. i do not have the cad++
    TIA
    Marty
    Global Status 777 PC-DMIS 2014
    Windows 7
    ever stop to think and forget to start again?

You can import it in, but your CAD alignment system will very likely not match your original program alignment. Therefore the CAD will be shown disconnected with your measured hits. You can use CAD = Part to correct this issue as long as you know your CAD's alignment scheme, and follow it exactly.

Remember to make a backup of your program first before even importing your CAD in and most certainly before clicking on CAD=PART, as this changes your program nominals, not your CAD origin also it cannot be undone.

Make a backup of your unmolested program. Then experiment on your copies till your get it right.
    Mr. Comment
    SCIROCCO-NT 13-20-10
    B3C-LC Controller (Leitz Protocol), SP600M, TP200
    PCDMIS CAD++ v4.3 MR1(Build: 12/11/08)
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MrComment View Post
      You can import it in, but your CAD alignment system will very likely not match your original program alignment. Therefore the CAD will be shown disconnected with your measured hits. You can use CAD = Part to correct this issue as long as you know your CAD's alignment scheme, and follow it exactly.

Remember to make a backup of your program first before even importing your CAD in and most certainly before clicking on CAD=PART, as this changes your program nominals, not your CAD origin also it cannot be undone.

Make a backup of your unmolested program. Then experiment on your copies till your get it right.
      CAD=PART does NOT change the nominals in your program. IF you change the alignment, then click YES when answering "DO YOU WANT TO UPDATE TO THE NEW ALIGNMENT", that will change the nominals, not doing CAD=PART.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by AndersI
      I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

My Suggestion:
        Open new program.
        Bring in model.
        Create new alignment that gets you into the local (print) coordinate system you probably used originally (the alignment and coordinate system of your original program).
        Once done.
        Copy and paste inspection part of original program after new alignment in new program.

Comment

Originally posted by RussL View Post
          My Suggestion:
          Open new program.
          Bring in model.
          Create new alignment that gets you into the local (print) coordinate system you probably used originally (the alignment and coordinate system of your original program).
          Once done.
          Copy and paste inspection part of original program after new alignment in new program.
          Good idea. AND, to add to that, I would suggest that you write down the XYZIJK of the first point in the original program and compare it to what you have after you paste in the new program. Some people get changing nominals (I don'thave the problem) when doing this kind of copy/paste, so watch out for yourself.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by AndersI
          I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment