Clear All

• A renishaw algorithm.......

info:
    B&S Global Image
    Ver 3.7Mr2 (With updated interfac.dll)
    SP25

Hello,

Has anyone gotten a message after calibrating tip's that states--
    "A Renishaw algorithm is used"........blah blah...."Ok the convergance criteria has not been reached"?

I only get this message with our SP25. When i review the calibration results a few of the twenty or so angles i selected for calibration did not report out results.
    I know for sure these angles actually measured the sphere. It just seems the data gets lost.

I then have to write down the missing angles and recalibrate those. It will then again drop a few and i repeat this process untill all tips have been calibrated.

It is not unusual for me to spend a whole day to get a full calibration. If every thing works correctly it takes about 1.5 hrs.

Furthermore we had a service guy from B&S here for our annual B89 Checkup & he had the same problem. Instead of a typical 5-6 hour B89. It took 10hrs that day. He stated he had never seen this before and honestly i am not convinced it ever worked for him.

I was slowly working with tech support on this and they sent me an updated interfac.dll they thought would help. But no luck. SMA did not get paid so ya know what that means<im screwed!>

If anyone has any suggestion's please advise.
    Thanks in advance.

How much ram does your system have?
    we had this problem some time ago we upgraded to a IBM workstation 3 gigs of ram problem gone.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks!
      I am on the low side of RAM only the very min 512. If they would just give me a little more $$$$$

Comment

You need atleast 1gig! Max out what your motherboard can handle. Otherwise set a static virtual memory page file large enough to compensate.
        I used to be high on life but I built up a tolerance.

Brown & Sharpe Global Advantage
        PCDMIS CAD++ v2011mr2
        PH10MQ/SP600M

sigpic

Comment