Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names

Just need to know.... I have a part (C-4917-1) real easy to program just 12 holes around the edge in XYPL, was looking at the print and noticed there's a
    C-4917-2 the only difference is ones has the 12 holes drilled at .250 (x12) and the other has threads (x12) so how would you go about one program checking either part? Maybe with a comment/input. and have inside my program 2 sets of these holes with labels and branching and if I do that does 2 sets of holes with the same name and 1 set of callouts work or do they have to have different names,. or for the record is their a easy way than that.

**** I'm confused now( or to early in the morning)

........ Send some help. Thanks
    sigpic

I would use the KISS principle and after programming one I would saveas the other part number and then make the edit to add or remove the threads and save. So in the end I would have two nearly identical programs for two nearly identical parts and much less risk of confusion if I tried to get by with only one program. Other than the coding challenge of checking both with one program, I see no advantage in that approach. It is not as if this one extra program is going to eat all that much of your hard drive space. HTH
    sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Wws
      When in doubt, post code. A second set of eyes might see something you missed.
      sigpic

Comment

hughhhhhh
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AuRules View Post
          hughhhhhh

???!!!??????
          sigpic"Hated by Many, Loved by Few" _ A.B. - Stone brewery

Comment

Program it so that all of the holes are measured using the pitch option. Then based on an operator input set a variable at the beginning. If it is for the 0.250 holes set the variable so it is the tolerance for those holes, if it is for tapped holes set it to something wide open. Put that variable in the plus and minus tolerance portion of the dimensions for that feature's size. That way if it is a 0.250 the tolerance will be appropriate, if it is a tapped hole it will be liberal enough to not cause rejection and no matter what it is all the same program. You could even use a recently posted script to change the part number in the header. Not the best solution but perhaps good enough? I think the main concern is reporting size. Tapped holes there is no use but in the case of the 0.250s you probably need to.
            <internet bumper sticker goes here>

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Cisco View Post
              ???!!!??????
              *(&^#%$#*&(_*()&*%&^%#
              sigpic
              Originally posted by AndersI
              I've got one from September 2006 (bug ticket) which has finally been fixed in 2013.

Comment

Will you be using TRU POS? If so you can have it determin for it's self "holes or threads.

Comment

If it were I...

We currently have programs like this. We use marked sets for different operations. You could keep most of your program the same.

Comment

I love that sig pic spazus.......................kind of looks familiar

Comment

Originally posted by craiger_ny View Post
                      I love that sig pic spazus.......................kind of looks familiar
                      Is that the one that got you banned last time?
                      Links to my utilities for PCDMIS

Comment

Yep

Comment

I apologize!

I did not mean to offend anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by spazus_maximus View Post
                            You pushin man............99% of us don't care one way or the other. Its the other 1% you got to watch out for.
                            sigpic.....Its called golf because all the other 4 letter words were taken

Comment

Originally posted by spazus_maximus View Post
                              Trust me I was not offended. Not by a long shot.

Comment