Symmetry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Symmetry

I see callouts from time to time on prints for symmetry, I have not yet been able to use this in pc-dmis. Can anyone in a simple process tell me the way to use this function?
    Cluster Fudge Sir!!!!

Basically you want opposites sides to be as close to being exactly the same. whatever you do on one side , you do on the other.
    Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 09-01-2016, 09:56 AM.
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)
    They say "Nobody's Perfect." I must be Nobody.

Comment

• giantslayer
      giantslayer commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Kirby, How are you,

So say I have a slot and its called out Symmetrical to -A- and -A- is a cylinder, what would be the best way I set that up

you doing Xactmeasure or legacy? CAD?
    (In Memory of my Loving wife, "Ronda" who I lost March 7, 2016. I love you baby.)

Comment

basically you want each side of that slot to lie in the axis as the cylinder. Is the cylinder perpendicular to the slot or parallel?

Comment

• giantslayer
        giantslayer commented
        Editing a comment
        Its Parallel and I'm using Legacy. I've tried using the function before and I always get a result of 0. I imagine I make a plane on one side and a plane on the other and call them out to -A-?

I would just make a line on each side of the slot. create a mid line, and report that mid line.

Comment

• giantslayer
        giantslayer commented
        Editing a comment
        using the symmetry function?

You got to remember when you make a cylinder. the center of that cylinder is just a line. so comparing a plane to a line with on one axis, would and could be a little sloppy. If there is a lot of material in that slot, then make a few lines at different levels, but it needs to match on the other side.
      Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 09-01-2016, 11:39 AM.

Comment

you combine the 2 sides and creating one line based of those 2 sides, now does the result lie uniform in the same axis as the cylinder? You said the callout is the slot correct? That's one feature. Its asking for the result of the slot to be symmetric to the cylinder? Its not asking if the side of the slot is symmetric to the other side of the slot. correct? Result of the 2 sides = 1 line, result of the cylinder = 1 line, compare the 1 line back to the other and see if they are symmetric. If the cylinder could have been some kind of plane. Then you could compare a plane to a plane. Like I said earlier whatever you do on one side you must do on the other. One plane and one line are not the same.
        Last edited by KIRBSTER269; 09-01-2016, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Construct a width in the slot should be closer to the standards, no ?

Comment

• KIRBSTER269
            KIRBSTER269 commented
            Editing a comment
            he's using 2010 according to his profile

• JEFMAN
            JEFMAN commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't look at his profile...