I need some Probe Help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some Probe Help please

The attached picture shows a custom 90 degree probe made-up by one of the Hexagon guys. In that picture the probe is point up (the machine Z+) I need that probe to be rotated towards that calibration ball (machine Y+)

It appears I need to physically reset the probe tip to be able to get that angle. I have another module and would like to set-up a new probe so I don’t have to break this set-up. But I don’t know how to do that because the rotary knuckle is not in the standard list of components. Can someone help me out?

This is a B&S Excel
    Probe head is a PH10 with a Convert30MM_TO_M8THREAD
    A TP200 Probe
    A Renishaw A-5000-9902 Rotary Knuckle (not listed)
    With a 1.5X10MM tip

I’m not sure where the files are I need to change, but this is some info the Hexagon tech left me with.

COMMENT-----------------End Renishaw------------------------------------
    ITEM:KNUCKLE_M00-694-010-000 M5
    cadgeom 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 m00-694-010-000_knuckle.DRAW
    manualjoint 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 -1 -180 180 knuckle
    cadgeom 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2 m00-694-010-000_knuckle.DRAW
    connect 0 0 -40 0 0 1 M5
    ITEM:SWIVEL_m00-114-102-000 M5
    cadgeom 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 m00-114-102-000_swivel.draw
    connect 0 0 -20 0 0 1 M5

Any help with where these files are I need to create and what I need to put in them would be appreciated.
    probe01web.jpg

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/a...psyjpsi3gj.jpg

x
    Last edited by DmisDave; 08-22-2016, 10:27 AM.
    CAD++ 2017 R1, Catia Translator
    B&S Xcel, Renishaw PH10MQ

Those lines are in the probe.dat, in the M5 section.(in the pc-dmis folder)
    You shouldn't modify them, just copy/paste in a USRPROBE.DAT, in docs or app dat, I don't remember.
    The, change the M5 into M2, and change the lengthes, diameters... (look at usrprobe on the forum, you should find some help.

Comment

Just curious...did you HAVE to pay for a special probe setup like that? In situations where I need such an angle I build a star configuration and just rotate my head to make my desired probe in Z-
      Beep beep beep..

Comment

Originally posted by DAN_M View Post
        Just curious...did you HAVE to pay for a special probe setup like that? In situations where I need such an angle I build a star configuration and just rotate my head to make my desired probe in Z-
        I had to buy that knuckle. I have a lot of aircraft cross holes where a star probe won't fit.
        CAD++ 2017 R1, Catia Translator
        B&S Xcel, Renishaw PH10MQ

Comment

I think you could just copy the actual probe file itself, where the knuckle is listed in the probe build I think you can double click on it and you can enter a rotation in there - running qual right now but I will check this in a bit.
          Automettech - Automated Metrology Technology

Comment

• DJAMS
            DJAMS commented
            Editing a comment
            Just what I was going to suggest

• Peter Fuller
            Peter Fuller commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking the same thing but this probe doesn't have an offset and all the builds I could come up with had an offset in one direction.

I use a star probe setup for this type of situation all the time just remove all the tips except the one you are using.That way you don't have to have any special probe build.

Comment

• DAN_M
            DAN_M commented
            Editing a comment
            Its a huge pain in the bleep but I do the same thing when I need to

I agree, a star probe doesn't need to have all five tips in place... pull the ones that interfere with your product. This will ensure you are setting up that probe 90° from the module. That knuckle looks like it would be a bit of a hassle to setup square to the axis of the module/extension.

Comment